Fans of the Flonz

greatdane

PattyMC! Baylys said it's down to 25 last count...

Not bad for just going on sale a day ago! That's the way limited numbered editions FLY out the door! Now I'm ready for it to fly here :))).

PattyMc

Me too!! I'm so excited! I've been using Ciro's, but really looking forward to the Flonz, hope it reads as well as I think it will. Then I'll be wishing I had ordered two decks!

I figured it would go pretty quickly, it's really a stunning deck, there is something special about it.

Patty

baylys

Aaaawww, thanks folks!!! I'm humbled that you think enough of my deck, before you've even got it, to start a thread on it. *surreptitiously wipes away a tear*

Patty Mc, which child picture did you like? The early one of the child riding a sled, or the later one of the boy in the sailor/scout suit?

PattyMc

It was the boy in the sailor suit, I'll have to send you a pic so you can see how it favors my grandson.

Patty

Le Fanu

Which child card is used in the final edition?

baylys

The one in the sailor suit.

greatdane

I think this would be a most excellent deck for beginners!

For those just learning, the simple, but elegant, images really convey each card so well. Since the image (like the FOX, the SUN) is so important in Lenormand, that many read the images in a traditional (whatever tradition, even their own) way, to have the wonderful image just kind of floating there, is perfect.

I predict this will be a CLASSIC. There are not any other like it out there. The Victorian black stamp image, the calligraphy, the tea-stained paper. For those who are more interested in the vintage look, or at least like it as much as the more modern decks, this is so a must have. There is just ONE teeeeny thing I would change..that I would get it today! :)

PattyMc

I agree GD, perfect for someone beginning their Lenormand journey. I have several Lenormand decks, different styles, and while the images are beautiful and I love to meditate with the artwork, when it comes down to doing my serious Lennie readings... I want it simple and in my face, simple image that has a vintage feel and good cardstock, now that's what I want to read with! I want that image to pop with nothing distracting.

Of course, everyone has their preferences, and I respect "different strokes for different folks", there are some absolutely stunning decks out, but for, as you said, a "classic", yes I think Baylys nailed it with the Flonz.

I'm trying to come up with something to keep it in, I really like the "books" that Baylys showed us in the Creation posts, wouldn't it be fabulous if we could find a very small treasure chest type box, or something similar to a vintage jewelry box? You know the old vintage trunks that are found in attics, a miniature version of that would be perfect!

Do you know what the measurements of the final cards are going to be, what size did she decide on?

Patty

baylys

I HAVE THE CARDS!!!!! I just picked them up from the printers 10 minutes ago.

OMG! Finally! They are PERFECT!

And I have a confession to make.... GD always calls herself a crone, so guess what? She appears in the deck as the crone with the cards and crystal ball. Hun, that's my dedication to you in this deck as a thank you for all you support, encouragement and help over the last 10 months.

And I have a confession to make.... GD always calls herself a crone, so guess what? She appears in the deck as the crone with the cards and crystal ball. Hun, that's my dedication to you in this deck as a thank you for all you support, encouragement and help over the last 10 months.

baylys

Do you know what the measurements of the final cards are going to be, what size did she decide on?

Patty

Size is 104mm by 72mm, same size as the Anna-K tarot.