Mystical Lenormand - Symbols

Marlo

I have some questions about the Mystical Lenormand cards and really, any help is very welcome !

1) Do the 12 cards with Roman numerals, represent the 12 Houses of the Zodiac ?

2) The cards 11 and 30 both have the symbol of the Moon. But which one is the real moon and what is the meaning of the other one ?

3) What is the symbol of the card 10 ?

4) What is the logic behind the association between cards and their symbol ? For example, why the card of the Owls got the symbol of Uranus, etc.

Thank you ! :)

Marlo

Ok... just found out i need to get into the "normal" Lenormand to get my answers... I thought they were different but obviously, only the pictures are different, really sorry !

Feel free to delete this thread, sorry again !

greatdane

Hello Marlo

I read the Mystical the way I read all my other Lenormands and I ignore things like the KEY in an egg. Some decks do have astrological symbols, the Wahrsagekarten with astro symbols is one. I ignore those as well. For me, less is more, I just look at the main symbol, but I hope you find whatever you're looking for :). Bonne chance!

Marlo

Merci greatdane ;)

I've found some of my answers in the thread "Astrology and Lenormand", which should be actually changed for "Astrology and Mystical Lenormand".

I know nothing about the "common" Lenormand, i guess it helps to get even more confused ! :)

greatdane

PM coming Marlo :)

It's ok, easy to overload on info at first.

Asher

Marlo,

If you are drawn to the Mystical Lenormand and want to explore it more deeply, there is a companion book for the deck. Written by its creator, Regula Elizabeth Fiechter, _Mystical Lenormand: The Fortune Cards of Marie-Anne Lenormand_ has just been published in an English translation.

The book describes each card individually, how to interpret the card, and gives examples of card combining. There is also a section on Laying Out and Interpreting the Cards, which covers the Grand Tableau and a few other spreads.

One great feature of the book is that it is illustrated in full color! It is published by AGM Urania, and the ISBN is 978-3-03819-411-8. I got my copy on Amazon.

I don't use the Mystical much, but the book is very interesting. I have picked up some new tips here and there in it.