What you most want on a Lenormand deck

What Do You Most Want or Don't on Lenormand Decks?

• PLAYING CARD INSERT

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • JUST PLAYING CARD SYMBOL discreetly in a corner

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • NO PLAYING CARD INSERT OR SYMBOL

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • MIXED MEDIA (as in photos, paintings, drawings, not one style)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • TRADITIONAL IMAGES (as in the SCYTHE is a SCYTHE)

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • IMAGES CLEARLY VISIBLE

Votes: 28 77.8%

• Total voters

greatdane

We have threads galore about Lenormands now, what we like, don't care for, so I thought time for a poll.

Flaxen

I voted for images clearly visible as an absolute must have. No magpies holding rings. ;)
Playing card symbols ideally present but don't mind if full picture or discretely in corner.

FLizarraga

I voted the same. I have, and love, some very different decks, and the one thing I always look for in all of them is that. For instance, the Art Nouveau Oracle is lovely, but sometimes all you see is Mucha women and you have to look twice to notice that she is holding a minuscule book or playing with an almost invisible ring.

Seraphina

I voted for images clearly visible, to me that is the most important thing and I also voted for traditional images! I'm not too fussed about the playing card insert size wise, I Like to see it on the cards... But if I had to choose I would go with discreet symbol...

For me personally it's all about the traditional symbol being CLEARLY visible!

Sarahlu

For me, it's traditional imagery and images clearly visible. I also like the playing card insert, but it's not mandatory. My personal preference for Lenormand decks are clear, traditional, classic art. It helps me focus on the meaning and reading much better, and it's just my personal aesthetic preference.

BlueLotus

I voted for Images Clearly Visible; although I don't mind the playing card inserts, I would prefer to have them almost discretely featured in small inserts just in case I might need them, along with the card's number.

Moreover, I like my lenormand cards to be borderless, particularly if the images are either artistic, collage, or photographic.

danieljuk

I am glad other people feel the same as me about playing card inserts. I got really worried a while ago about not having any Lenormand's with them on. Perhaps I will buy a deck with them but don't use Cartomancy at the moment. I just want the clear symbols!

Le Fanu

I also voted for "images clearly visible". But I sometimes think it doesn't really matter what we say - some Lenormand decks creators just cannot control themselves...

greatdane

I agree, Le Fanu

I certainly don't want to stifle anyone's creative process, but with Lenormands, I see them much more set, traditional at least with the images, than tarot or oracles. I love seeing different styles, but I want the image very clear and in a context that at least resembles some basic Lenormand description (if the MICE are pets being cuddled by a child, kind of blows the flow of the reading for me).

Barleywine

if the MICE are pets being cuddled by a child, kind of blows the flow of the reading for me.

Well, there once was a young man named "Willard" . . . never mind, I voted in favor of "tradition" too.