game crafter decks marketing ideas

Hexi

marketing ideas

for those who have decks made through GC I thought we might share links on web pages, connect on places like FB and share out posts, I have made some videos in the past, I could do that if people sent me info and imagery I would make a video that takes people to game crafter.

I have the decks and boxes. the clam shell boxes are nice, they seem sturdy and hold the cards and books.

I find the cards easy to shuffle, they don't bend, they are stiffer than regular playing cards, but I haven't been brutal with them (yet) as I am still photographing them. I do think they will stand up well, as I am pretty hard on cards and my GC cards are holding up perfectly.

Game Crafter does drop ship, which is another reason I went with them. I also wanted to be in control of the image and boxes etc. What it does not have is distribution, so I was wanting to work with other GC tarot artists to get some promo out and people coming. I am open to suggestions. Cheers Hexi

seven stars

Game Crafter does drop ship, which is another reason I went with them. I also wanted to be in control of the image and boxes etc. What it does not have is distribution, so I was wanting to work with other GC tarot artists to get some promo out and people coming. I am open to suggestions. Cheers Hexi

Oh that's good to know that they drop ship, that's a biggie. And about the card stock. What I noticed with the standard cardstock with PS was that they can get the "bends". I probably should just order a deck from GC to see. It would be nice to have the booklets & boxes. Price might be an issue, and as far as advertising and selling within GC, I don't think I personally would be into that option but I can see how others might. I might be interested in that for magic decks that I do for people that aren't Tarot. The reason is, I already have an established website & Etsy shop.

Hexi

marketing

if you have a deck at Game crafter and want to work together to market decks printed there, personal message me. Cheers Hexi

HudsonGray

Has anyone else had issues with 'the bends' with Printer Studio? That's sort of disturbing to hear.

reall

what bends?:)) I printed few test cards and didn't notice anything wrong?:)))

seven stars

Has anyone else had issues with 'the bends' with Printer Studio? That's sort of disturbing to hear.

It's mostly on the standard cardstock. It's been discussed in here on other threads. Once you see it, you'll know what I mean. Basically, Tarot cards are just a little too "long".....after having the deck for a while, what I and others have noticed is that if you lay the deck on the table, there's this little warp to them - like, the middle part of the cards don't touch the table & you can "pop" them....I'm TERRIBLE AT DESCRIBING THIS....Moongypsy could describe it better I'm sure.

I don't know if it would be so noticeable on a few test run cards and I don't know if it happens with GC cardstock as I have no experience with their cardstock....but it's one of the main reasons I only use premium linen cardstock on all my orders now unless otherwise requested.

Although I HAVE seen it happen to a lesser degree with the premium linen cardstock, it just doesn't happen as much. I have no idea if it's weather related, moisture related or what. It doesn't happen with the waterproof cardstock.

reall

ha ha! I know exactly what you mean!^^ I have that on my test cards to!^^ was thinking thats because I was keeping them in my pencilcase!^^ lolz facepalm
btw did you check PS plastic cards?^^ did they removed min order limit?^^ ;))

blue_fusion

Hi Hexi!

Any new developments with this idea of yours? I've been working on a website these past few weeks which will hopefully consolidate all my tarot and card-related art in one site. I'm really interested in your idea!

-Ly

garmonbozia

Do they get that wonky warp?

Not in my experience. I've purchased several decks from GC over the past 3 years and all the cards are still in in great, flat shape.

GC card stock has less coating than PrinterStudio, but they are better quality IMO than PS's standard cards, which have all warped on me.

I've been remodeling my house over the past 2 years, so most of the decks I've been buying go into a box for storage for future use (until I am better situated space-wise). Recently I went through all my boxes looking for something and noticed that I have about 10 PS decks that are all warped, and some to the degree that they are unuseable. Some of the decks have cards that didn't warp uniformly, so that when they are shuffled, they won't even stay stacked properly.

I'm disgusted by the PS cardstock as buying decks from independent artists is not cheap. I've not had the same problems with their linen card stock....yet. *fingers crossed*

Basically, Tarot cards are just a little too "long".....after having the deck for a while, what I and others have noticed is that if you lay the deck on the table, there's this little warp to them

I don't think it's related to card size. I am seeing it with mini decks that are still in their shrinkwrap. I think it's definitely the card stock. For example, just looking at the decks I have of yours: My Samhain Deck of the Bastard is fine, as is my Natalie Rose Lenormand (both linen stock), but my German Vintage Lenormand (regular smooth stock) is horribly warped.

I have no idea if it's weather related, moisture related or what. It doesn't happen with the waterproof cardstock.

I considered that too, as the summers are a little humid here in PA, but I run three ACs constantly and my house is actually too dry according to the hygrometers that are built into the thermometers I have around the house. They actually give me a "sad face" :( on the display because the humidity level is below 40%.

I like both GC card stock, and the PS linen stock. I guess everyone will have their own preference between the two based on how they like their cards to feel.

Hexi

Hi Hexi!

Any new developments with this idea of yours? I've been working on a website these past few weeks which will hopefully consolidate all my tarot and card-related art in one site. I'm really interested in your idea!

-Ly

I am still trying to figure out a way to market game crafter tarot decks. One way is to post on our Deck Creator's FB page, it will be shared out there. But we have to find new avenues to boost sales, so looking at other options and suggestions and ways that we might be able to bring more notice to the decks selling on that site.

I have banners of other artists on my web page. www.RoxiArtWork.ca including Aeclectic Tarot, this is one way we can help each other out, and also on GC we can link our decks together, so we control who sees what, not just some other random game coming up.

another fellow mentioned having an etsy store. I don't as yet, might look into that, but not sure how that works in regards to gc, or if you just get more random hits from people looking for Tarot.

Open to other ideas. Cheers Hexi