USG NEW TIN DECKS!!!!!!!!!!

Le Fanu

I love the Deviant Moon but find some the Barbara Walker cards far creepier.
The Barbara Walker is from a time before decks tried to be creepy. I really don't think that was the intention. It just has this unsettling, 1950s, sickly technicolor undercurrent. Now *dark* is a cool selling point and falls short somehow. I like the Dark Grimoires and Bohemian Gothics, but the Walker is in a different league.

I'm curious to see whether the Wonderland has a glorious renaissance. Short of being currently OOP - something which will of course soon be remedied - I'm not sure how desirable it really is as a reading deck.

In terms of publishing, I thought the Aquarian came out quickly -much quicker than I expected - so I'm hoping they're all out by March 2017.

G6

The Barbara Walker is from a time before decks tried to be creepy. I really don't think that was the intention. It just has this unsettling, 1950s, sickly technicolor undercurrent. Now *dark* is a cool selling point and falls short somehow. I like the Dark Grimoires and Bohemian Gothics, but the Walker is in a different league.

I'm curious to see whether the Wonderland has a glorious renaissance. Short of being currently OOP - something which will of course soon be remedied - I'm not sure how desirable it really is as a reading deck.

In terms of publishing, I thought the Aquarian came out quickly -much quicker than I expected - so I'm hoping they're all out by March 2017.

I have no interest in the Wonderland Tarot. Was it popular when it was originally released? I sent a message to USG to find out more about the Winter 2017 time frame. Ill post here when I hear back.

Le Fanu

I'm not sure the Wonderland was ever that popular. But I'm not an authority on this. It's not an OOP deck I heard people pining for to be honest.

I suspect it may have been released in the trail of the baba Alice deck. Can't afford baba decks? Come to US Games...

WolfSpirit

I only heard of the Wonderland when it was already OOP and I saw it mentioned on AT from time to time, by people who were sorry the deck had gone OOP.
For me, it is not a deck I would pay a huge price for but for a regular price, it is quirky enough to draw my interest.

earthair

I will probably have to get all of them. The Barbara Walker is particularly welcome revival as I was scared to use my copy in case I damaged it more. I hope they slim down the white borders though otherwise the images will be the size of postage stamps!

Le Fanu

I will probably have to get all of them. The Barbara Walker is particularly welcome revival as I was scared to use my copy in case I damaged it more. I hope they slim down the white borders though otherwise the images will be the size of postage stamps!
imagine if it was borderless! One can dream.

velvetina

My Barbara Walker (thank you Le Fanu!) and my Wonderland are both somewhat smaller than the 'average' tarot, and although I like - and use -all 3 decks mentioned here, I wonder why they don't make them all borderless?

Maybe I'm just being prompted by my elderly eyesight, but it does niggle a little, that these opportunities for creating something else, rather than just shrinking the image, doesn't seem to happen. How amazing (in my opinion) the Aquarian could have been!

flyingfoxtarot

Even though the cards will be smaller then I normally like, I'm probably going to pick up the Wonderland in a Tin. I love all things Victorian and weird, and I think the smaller size will be nice for photographing. Sometimes I struggle to get nice photos of my spreads because the cards are too dang big!

G6

These tin decks should be available January 2017 per US Games.