Proposed Comparitive Study Group - Poll #1

Study Group - Start Fresh or Revive Existing?

• Let's start from scratch (with links to existing)

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Let's revive the current one and move to Study Groups

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I have another suggestion (please elaborate)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

contrascarpe

Thank you to all who have expressed support and ideas for the new Study Group we are proposing. As mentioned, I am happy to take the lead to make this a go but I want the decisions to be from the ones who are going to make this a success (you guys!).

I am going to submit some polls over the next few days. This is the first (the second will decide where we start in the deck and the third will be to choose our name).

OK, first of all, this is the thread discussing this proposed group (just in case you haven't seen it):

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24692

As you can see, there were several threads initiated late last year (which I didn't see unfortunately until it was brought to my attention today) that started something like what I have proposed. Following is the link to The Fool in this study:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19243

So this is my question - do we want to start fresh, or do we want to pick up where this study left off and ask to move the links to the Study Group section? I believe the group made it to The Lovers but I haven't researched this completely yet. I want to make sure this group is interesting to everybody so your opinion is valuable to me.

Thanks!
Dan

Centaur

I voted to start from scratch. I think it would be much better that way... clean slate and all that. I only noticed the other thread today... I would be very interested in participating.

Imagemaker

I'm torn, but will say start from stratch with links because we don't know how many of the previous people will participate. If they want to not repeat themselves in doing the same deck, they can insert a link to what they said before.

Summerdream

I voted start from scratch. I love the idea of studying multiple decks at the same time and comparing and contrasting. There are so many decks I'd like to be involved in but because of lack of time restraints this would be ideal for me. That way I could be study various deck simultaneously.

Momof3girls:)

mj07

scratch

I think we should start over, rather than trying to gather some past threads together!

mooncat2

I've voted to start from scratch - new beginnings!

Mimers

I guess I am the oddman out.

I voted continue with the threads already started and take it from there. This way all of that wonderful information and thoughts that has already been shared by others will not fall into the deep dark pit of the Aeclectic Archives.

:D

lunalafey

combo-compro
start from scratch in the sense yet use the existing threads-
commentary can come from those descriptions and reference would be more direct than a link.

paradoxx

Ah, the difficulties of mercury retrograde. namely, decision making. I opt to create new threads, and have links to what is currently existing. Even if the retrograde would support revitalizing and returning to those threads, as long as they are utilized for refeence via link, then we are able to have the best of both worlds. Now, if Saturn was still retrograde, I would recommend building on what was already there.

contrascarpe

Thanks for all the comments thus far. First of all, I apologize for spelling "Comparative" wrong in the header. My brain conked out on me earlier today, lol.

I didn't want to advertise my vote until we had a few in. I was leaning toward the "starting from scratch" but wanted to see if there were enough that wanted to continue the old, out of respect to Mimers (who is a great person) and others who worked hard in the other study.

My main reason for starting over was because I envisioned a slightly different format - at least for starters. At the beginning of each card I will post a link to the other threads and will gradually (if this is OK with everyone) import the other comments by way of cut and paste. That way we can keep a complete record of opinions on the cards. As I mentioned before, I will also direct some views to some of the other wonderful study threads we have going on as well.

Now on to the next poll .......