Divine Will Tarot

Tarot4Change

Something that hasn't been said so far about this deck is that there is a limited edition first run of 93 copies. So don't dilly dally if you really want a copy of this deck! Just bought by copy. Used PayPal and since I had a balance, it cost me less than $6. :D

Rodney

No doubt a Thelemic significance with that number!

illyria

Something that hasn't been said so far about this deck is that there is a limited edition first run of 93 copies. So don't dilly dally if you really want a copy of this deck!

I'm sure the influx of buyers will have been sent Mr. Benedetti's way via AT! :D

bonebeach

It's either all plastic or plastic coated stock. I'm not sure. I'm leaning to plastic because the top edges initially looked like they were wearing off slightly; but when I went to wipe off the residue, the edges were perfectly fine.

Oh GOD, do you really think the cards are actually plastic? I've been gunning for an all plastic and therefore waterproof tarot (besides the sevenstars decks) and that would seal the deal for me. I mean, I'm probably going to pull the trigger anyway, but...

mydearruby

Are the card backs of the limited edition different from others? I saw both red and black card backs and am not sure which one I am going to receive (yes, thanks to your enabling guys!)

rwcarter

My deck arrived today. The cards came in a black bag with a round bottom that is way too big for the deck. The cards inside were wrapped in black tissue paper sealed with raised black dots. mydearruby the card backs are predominantly red with black. I haven't seen red or black backs. The predominantly black with red card you saw might be the extra card that comes with the deck. (I didn't look through all the cards before ordering, just enough to realize this deck was twisted enough that I needed to order it.)

I don't think it's been explicitly stated anywhere in this thread, so I'll say it - NO LWB is included with the deck.

The cardstock is coated with something because it's not smooth on either side. It may actually be plastic stock. I honestly can't tell because of the coating.

I'm only up to the Lovers card and one thing jumps out at me - the card numbers and titles can be anywhere on the card! I had to scour the Empress card to find the title buried in the image.

It takes a warped mind to come up with these images. I'd love to call the artist a friend. BUT the Sun image screams Beavis and Butthead to me. (I was never a fan.)

There are two unnamed and unnumbered cards between the Majors and the Minors.

I honestly can't say what my favorite card is because my mind just can't process the images right now. I think it will take repeated looks through the cards before I'll be able to process the images. I would guess that whatever I think is the most warped and twisted image will become my favorite. :D

Rodney

illyria

My deck arrived today. The cards came in a black bag with a round bottom that is way too big for the deck. The cards inside were wrapped in black tissue paper sealed with raised black dots. mydearruby the card backs are predominantly red with black. I haven't seen red or black backs. The predominantly black with red card you saw might be the extra card that comes with the deck. (I didn't look through all the cards before ordering, just enough to realize this deck was twisted enough that I needed to order it.)

I don't think it's been explicitly stated anywhere in this thread, so I'll say it - NO LWB is included with the deck.

The cardstock is coated with something because it's not smooth on either side. It may actually be plastic stock. I honestly can't tell because of the coating.

I'm only up to the Lovers card and one thing jumps out at me - the card numbers and titles can be anywhere on the card! I had to scour the Empress card to find the title buried in the image.

It takes a warped mind to come up with these images. I'd love to call the artist a friend. BUT the Sun image screams Beavis and Butthead to me. (I was never a fan.)

There are two unnamed and unnumbered cards between the Majors and the Minors.

I honestly can't say what my favorite card is because my mind just can't process the images right now. I think it will take repeated looks through the cards before I'll be able to process the images. I would guess that whatever I think is the most warped and twisted image will become my favorite. :D

Rodney

I got a notification that my US forwarder received mine, but it'll take another week to reach the Philippines. I can't wait to go through the cards myself. I reckon I'll be both enthralled and appalled in varying degrees, and honestly, I'm looking forward to the experience. :D

RiverRunsDeep

I received my deck today, too. :) As Rodney said, all of the images are fabulously warped and twisted!

The card stock has a coating that feels strangely like styrofoam. It would drive me crazy on any other deck, but it seems to suit the strangeness of these cards.

The two untitled cards between the majors and minors gave me a momentary panic attack. I thought they were the beginning of the minors, and that I wouldn't be able to figure out a single one! :laugh:

There is a LOT going on in each of the cards. I think I will begin exploring this deck with one-card daily draws. Interpreting an extensive spread with these will be something to slowly build up to.

It takes a warped mind to come up with these images. I'd love to call the artist a friend. BUT the Sun image screams Beavis and Butthead to me. (I was never a fan.
Rodney

Uhhhh......huh huh huh....huh huh huh.......he said Butthead. (I was a total fan. :D).

mydearruby

The two untitled cards between the majors and minors gave me a momentary panic attack. I thought they were the beginning of the minors, and that I wouldn't be able to figure out a single one! :laugh:

I received mine just now and same thing here when I saw the extra cards---my heart missed a beat and I heard myself saying "oh no I have to contact the creator this must be a misprint." I suspect he put those cards as a joke there between the majors and minors just to scare those perfectionists hahahah

the card numbers and titles can be anywhere on the card! I had to scour the Empress card to find the title buried in the image.
Rodney

Interesting---I stopped at the Empress TOO to seek for the title! The creator really knows how to manipulate our reaction:D

aquestionmark

Oh MY, If you're considering this deck, BUY IT NOW, it is like no other deck out there... It is creepy yet beautifully intoxicating. I have never felt card stock like this deck, I don't believe it is plastic but maybe plastic coated... nor had such an intense curiosity when flipping through the cards, there's a lot to ponder here.

As a weird side note, I actually enjoy the smell of the deck... not chemically at all, there's a very faint sweetness to it, at least to my nose..

illyria

I am completely bowled over by the cardstock. I love it. The art is busy but the kind of busy I like.

Did anybody get an extra card in their deck (not the title card and two art cards)? I have an extra Knight of Cups.