OshoZen: 2 of Water (Cups)

Briar Rose

OshoZen: 2 of Water (Cups)
Friendliness

This card shows two beautiful trees in harmony, next to each other.

I love thepart in the book where it reads:

"In the passage, you may notice you are no longer interested in all kinds of dramas and romances that other people are engaged in. It is the birth of a higher, more loving quality born of the fullness of experience."

I wasw ondering why I felt this way. I thought it was just do to age, but it's much deeper.

I am reaching 'the understanding of love that is truly unconditional, without expectations or demands.'

Judith D

That is beautiful, Heavensvault!
(I think some of it is definitely due to age - knowing yourself better, more experience of life, recognising what is important - so difficult when you are young)
I love this card: two trees growing up together, their roots probably entwined, drawing on the same sustenance, the same cool rain, but still different. They mix, entwine, support each other, but are separate and distinct of themselves as well.
It is really loving - to be so together yet allow each other to be individual.
I think (I hope) I have also learned this lesson - to consciously release the attempt to control, to change.
Again (hardly surprising) very buddhist - love and acceptance without judgment, but unconditionally. A truly wonderful aspiration.
To compare to traditional 2 of cups - again very similar in feel: true communication, the union that can occur with the expression of emotion; giving and receiving in balance.

Grizabella

I love the part in the book where it says:

"You relate; as long as things are moving beautifully, you share. And if you see that the moment has come to depart because your paths separate at this crossroad, you say goodbye with great gratitude for all that the other has been to you, for all the joy and all the pleasures and all the beautiful moments that you have shared with the other. With no misery, with no pain, you simply separate."

Maybe that's a pretty idealistic attitude, but it's a good one. I'm not sure I can agree with the "no misery, no pain", because when you've been in a relationship that's been joyous and beautiful, separation is bound to cause at least some pain, in my opinion. I said goodbye to my late husband when he died with "great gratitude for all the joy, pleasures and beautiful moments we had shared" (he was always able to do that with his exes which I admired about him), but I can't say I wasn't grief-stricken over his death. Death is probably a different thing than what's spoken of here.

squeakmo9

I think that when the time of parting is overdue, circumstance will take over. For some years now, I have sensed a friend and I growing more and more apart. I mean I've known this person since the 3rd grade. Lately things had become contentious, it was VERY clear we were now on two totally different paths. What aided the split was circumstance, it was not something I saw coming or even knew was needed. I am grateful for all we have shared, but must move on.
It's true some splits are easier than others and much have to do with circumstance and the maturity level of the indivduals involved. I have always loved this version of the two of cups, because what are we really here for, but to help each other, learn from each other, than split if there is nothing more to cover.

Alan Ross

A wonderful card. Although their branches are intertwined, each tree is anchored by its own roots, as each person should be grounded in his or her own personality. I love the line in the book where it says, "...being with others is beautiful and being alone is beautiful....You don't depend on others and you don't make others dependent on you."

As I am usually not very social, I've had to learn over the years to be okay with being alone. It's not an easy thing to learn and there have been times when I've been badly mauled by loneliness. But I would rather live alone and be okay with it than jump from relationship to relationship out of a desperate sense of neediness. Along the way I've learned another important life lesson: Others cannot provide you with genuine happiness and contentment. That has to be found within.

Master_Margarita

Another name for this card might be "Metta," a positive mindstate sometimes translated from the Pali as "unconditional friendliness."

I think all the lovely passages cited from the LWB by the earlier posters on this thread underscore for me the unconditionality of the love depicted here: this is not romantic infatuation craving for its needs to be met, this is impartial, compassionate love.

Beautiful.