Mel's Old Fashioned Pips & Courts and Homemade Baked Goods

Melanchollic

cardlady22 said:
Knock, knock. Yoo hoo! Mel?

I brought some of my granny's pound cake with the crumbliest crust you've ever had melt away in your mouth. And a side scoop of the old-style home churned vanilla ice cream. (that was grandpapa's department)

Two for twos, right?

Mmmm. Granny's pound cake and ice cream! :thumbsup:

Sorry for the delay. Busy week at work. Plus I went all out for Saint Valentine's Day. Five-star restaurant... Luxury hotel suite... Elaborate 18th century apparel and powdered wigs... ;)

Melanchollic

2 of Cups

2 OF CUPS

Nickname - "Empathy"
Element - Air/Water
Temper - Sanguine Phlegmatic
Power - Wet
Timing - Short
Movement - Flexible
Direction - Northeast
In the cycle of a year - February/March
In the cycle of a day - Late Night
In the cycle of a life - Age 70~Death
Sex - Female
Similar Cards - 9 Coins, 5 Coins, 3 Coins, Knight Coins, 8 Cups, 6 Cups, Queen Cups

In the Pythagorean tradition, the Dyad (2) is considered a rather negative thing. Iamblichus calls it "anguish", "endurance", and "hardship". The traditional rank of the 2 of Cups in the game of tarot however is strong, or well dignified. That, coupled with the general positive nature of the suit of cups, relieves most of the negativity of the Dyad.

The energy here is moist, making it form-receiving, flexible, and receptive. The social nature of the Cups, and the inherent symbolism of the Dyad suggest compassion and empathy. While the short duration and conforming nature of the moist power is incapable of taking this compassion to the level of social reformer or activist, the card shows a sincere and gentle kindness toward others. If any negativity of the Dyad remains, it would be in over-identifing with the feelings and needs of 'the other'.

Short Sample Reading

The Querent asks: "Will my runaway cat return home?"

Card #1 (The Querent) = The Papesse
Card #2 (The Quesited) = The Wheel of Fortune
Card #3 (How they interact) = 2 of Cups

Judgement: Both the querent and the quesited are neutral in terms of 'goodness'. I assign the Papess as feminine/passive, and the WoF as masculine/active. The 2 of Cups is positive but passive.

The active nature of the WoF shows that the 'empathy' of the 2 of Cups is coming from the cat toward the querent. Hence, the cat will return home.

Melanchollic

2 of Coins

2 OF COINS

Nickname - "Cooperation"
Element - Water
Temper - Phlegmatic
Power - Wet/Cold
Timing - Short/Slow
Movement - Flexible/Unifying
Direction - North
In the cycle of a year - January
In the cycle of a day - Midnight
In the cycle of a life - Age 56~70
Sex - Female
Similar Cards - 8 Coins, 6 Coins, Queen Coins

Like the 2 of Cups, the 2 of Coins is a dignified card. Both cards share the flexible power of moisture, but the 2 of Coins adds to this the power of cold - contracting and joining. This card seems to suggest cooperation. The cold aspect of water helps cancel out the separating aspects of the dyad (2). Sharing and mutual benefitting agreements of all sorts are possible. The passive, flexible and accommodating energies of the 2 of Coins can't go so far as to suggest that the arrangement will go on to be successful, but it will be fair, and whatever the outcome, it will be shared by both parties.

Short Sample Reading

The Querent asks: "Should I open a flower shop with my sister?"

Card #1 (The Querent) = Temperance
Card #2 (The Quesited) = The Moon
Card #3 (How they interact) = 2 of Coins

Judgement: I judged the quesited to be the sister, not the business itself. The 2 of Coins shows that overall the two sisters will work well together. However, the sister in question is a tad 'lunar', and her waxing and waning will require the patience (Temperance) of the querent.

Bernice

'lo Mel,

2CUPS: The Querent asks: "Will my runaway cat return home?"

Card #1 (The Querent) = The Papesse
Card #2 (The Quesited) = The Wheel of Fortune
Card #3 (How they interact) = 2 of Cups

Judgement: Both the querent and the quesited are neutral in terms of 'goodness'. I assign the Papess as feminine/passive, and the WoF as masculine/active. The 2 of Cups is positive but passive....

Ah..hah! You have a 'ranking' for the Trumps! Have I got a pic-reference for this?.......... can't find it.

My thanks to both you and cardlady22. (I'm up for the home-made icecream).

Hope you enjoyed the Valentine spree. :)

Bee :)

Melanchollic

Bernice said:
'lo Mel,

Ah..hah! You have a 'ranking' for the Trumps! Have I got a pic-reference for this?..........

Hope you enjoyed the Valentine spree. :)

Surly you didn't think I'd sit down and do a reading without my 'toolbox' stuffed full of every size and shape of tool available!? :D

I don't believe I've yet to made a 'pic-reference' for my Trump 'rankings'. I'd be glad to whip one out for you.

Bernice

I'd be glad to whip one out for you.

YAY! Yes please Mel. :)

Be back after Lunch/dinner.

SolSionnach

Gaah!
You're back again (hi Bee!). Thank heavens. I just can't get enough of the Melancholic method! :)

Trump ranking -- yes yes yes. :D

I think it's time for me to start making copious notes once again..

Melanchollic

Frosting - The Trumps

As promised, here are the 'energy signatures' for the 22 Trumps. I think the diagram says everything, except the 'whys', which I'd be happy to elaborate if anyone wants to know.

TrumpEnergies.jpg

Melanchollic

2 of Batons

2 OF BATONS

Nickname - "Indecision"
Element - Water/Earth
Temper - Phlegmatic/Melancholic
Power - Cold
Timing - Slow
Movement - Unifying
Direction - Northwest
In the cycle of a year - November/December
In the cycle of a day - Evening
In the cycle of a life - Age 49~56
Sex - Female
Similar Cards - 6 Batons, 8 Batons, Queen Batons, 10 Coins, 4 Coins, Valet Coins

The 2 of Batons is moderately ill dignified. The power here is cold, which seeks to unite and is undiscriminating. This energy when applied to the separative aspects of the dyad (2) causes indecision. The slow sluggish cold energy lacks the sharpness of heat to be discriminating and of clear judgement. Accommodating and timid, judgements will be based on the 'heart' and not the 'head', if the choice can even be made at all. The very effort required to make important decisions will become 'labored'. The more important the decision is, the more difficult it becomes to decide.

Short Sample Reading

The Querent asks: "Will my daughter marry her longtime boyfriend?"

Card #1 (The querent, here the daughter) = 2 of Batons
Card #2 (The quesited) = Father Time
Card #3 (How they interact) = 2 of Swords

Judgement: The daughter is indecisive about what she wants from the relationship. The boyfriend, as 'Time', will move on. The 2 of Swords shows the relationship ending.

SolSionnach

Melanchollic said:
As promised, here are the 'energy signatures' for the 22 Trumps. I think the diagram says everything, except the 'whys', which I'd be happy to elaborate if anyone wants to know.

TrumpEnergies.jpg
Oh, I see where you're going with this. It's that 12/3/7 thing (taken straight from Renaissance Christian cosmology) that I've seen bandied about in this forum, right?

That's beautifully balanced. All you'd need to add are the elemental attribs! Oh, and the planetary ones, too! :bugeyed:

Seriously, thanks for that. How easy to remember.