2009 Oracle Monthly Studies

emmsma

Had a big day of looking through my decks, making lists, seeing what I have and what I feel about them.

So I have had to change my decks for the month.
A deck for love: Mystisches Kipper (Why lie or torture myself? I need them and
will be using them. so why not admit it!)
A Deck to read: Psy Cards
Classic Tarot
A Deck to explore: TdM Mini

Hopefully I can really make some time for them this month. I think so, so I will just go from there.

DragonFae

Hey I like how you sorted the decks for the month:

Deck I Love: (or did you mean use it for readings about love...lol)

Deck to Read:

Deck to Explore:

In fact I like it so much I may have to use that framwork when I make up my Monthly List for 2010!!! Let me look how I have the rest of 2009 set up too...LOL

emmsma

Nah, I never read about love. :p
I'm old and married and don't give a fig about other folks love life.
(Bitter? - Nah!)

Decks for Love are the decks I could never live without.

I'm honored that you've added my categories to use for your own purposes.

Funny though, how many sections a deck can fall under!

DragonFae

No kidding...about the categories I mean...lots of decks start out as decks to explore or read with and then become decks I love...

Right now I only have a few LOVES....although I LIKE a lot of them....

Connection and Love is strongest with Froud's Faeries....has always been a strong connection since the first day!!

But what I like about setting up my monthly decks that way is the LEVELS that it creates....get to include an old favorite or love....this deck will most likely have the "deepest" reads...then I get to create a stronger connection or "study" with the deck I read with......I see this as a primary deck for use for the month....this will maybe have the lowest level because the connection is just being formed....unless of course unless it is an instant bond (like the faeries)...then I sort of see the deck(s) to explore as one where it's not really new but more time is needed to get to know it...

emmsma

Yes, I am hoping that my categories will help me foster deeper bonds with some of my decks.

I carry my Love, cause I need it with me for those "I've Got to have a Clear Answer" times.

The Reading deck is one that seems to speak clearly to me.

The Exploratory deck is a newer deck. One that I haven't bonded with yet, that requires further study.

Think I will pull them out now.

DragonFae

Well the new Fairy Tale Tarot ....has totally messed up my schedule...LOL...but that's okay....

emmsma

Enjoy!

I still have yet to work out a schedule to allow any real time with my decks. I just browse through while in the car. :p

DragonFae

Well...time is a big factor....I always plan WAY more than I actually get to...

Changed my lists again for August and September to try and be a bit more realistic....also added another category...

DECK TO LOVE: is a deck I love to read with...like you said I'm going to use it so might as well list it...

DECK TO READ: is a deck I am really trying to study or learn so I am making a conscious effort to read with it...I can read with the others also but this one I should do something with every day.

DECK TO EXPLORE: a new deck...or at least fairly new....some decks stay in this category more than one month (time factor you know)

DECK TO REVIEW: is just that...a deck I've worked with at least on some level but need to continue with

kmartin60

DragonFae said:
Changed my lists again for August and September to try and be a bit more realistic....also added another category...

DECK TO LOVE: is a deck I love to read with...like you said I'm going to use it so might as well list it...

DECK TO READ: is a deck I am really trying to study or learn so I am making a conscious effort to read with it...I can read with the others also but this one I should do something with every day.

DECK TO EXPLORE: a new deck...or at least fairly new....some decks stay in this category more than one month (time factor you know)

DECK TO REVIEW: is just that...a deck I've worked with at least on some level but need to continue with

I love this idea! And of making list for remaining part of year and then into next yr!~ I have sooo many decks Im not even sure right now, but think this would help me with both...oracle decks and tarot decks.......

I have trouble sometimes differ. between the 2.......I have lots of decks that are animal based that I count as Oracle but because the have the Majors most I think count them as tarot? See that is what Im meaning, I still got lots to learn! But think a list like this will help keep me a little less helter skelter......This is reallly just such a great idea.........Im excited!

Im off to make list of decks and set up a schedule!

DragonFae

Very cool...welcome to the monthly study....plans anyway...we all are pretty flexible!!! LOL but it does help to have focus...