Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Horary DIY

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Astrology

Student of Astrology

Minderwiz 
Student of Astrology

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBreeze View Post
Now that I've had time to read through this, some more newbie questions?

It seems like there's this unlimited amount things you can check after you go through the basic essential and accidental dignities. So how do you figure out which ones to use? Is there like a list of the ones. For example, in the beginning you mention the Antiscia, how do you know it that's something you can check for a question? Also how do you know how important each of those things is to a question and which one of those hold more weight in a question?
Yes there's a lot of possible techniques that might be used. To keep matters under control I proceed as follows, after I have evaluated the essental and accidental dignities.

1. I check for an applying between the significators. If so this is a large testimony and if the significators have at least some dignity then the matter will work out and I don't need to go any further.

2 If there's no applying aspect then I check the antisicia. If there is a connection through antisica then the matter will work out and there's no need to go any further.

3. If there's no connection in 1 or 2 then I check for translation of light or collection of light if there is then the matter will work out

4 If none of the above then the matter is unlikely to work out.

That's a brief scheme but it is essentially what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBreeze
Also some chart questions..How do you figure out if a planet is retrograde, or about to go retrograde? How do you know if the mood is void of course on the chart? How do you know where a planet will end up or how a chart is changing over time?

Also this question may come more from reading the glossary, but it was mentioned in a reading as well. If a planet is in conjunction with the sun, in what cases is the aspect considered positive or negative?
Every software program or astro.com that produces charts marks retrograde planets as Rx. This is usually written alongside the planet and it's zodiacal degree

Knowing if the planet is about to station is a bit more difficult you can consult an online ephemeris (astro.com has one) or if you have Morinus you can check the planet's speed, as planets about to station are moving very slowly. Morinus also has a graphical ephemeris that you can use, though I don't find it wonderfully helpful.

Some programs tell you if the Moon is VOC but they don't all use the same definition. I do a visual check which I explained earlier in this thread in response to one of Ronia's questions - If the Moon is 18 degrees of the sign or less then check if there's a panet in any greater degree of that sign than the Moon, if so then the Moon is not VOC Then go through all the signs that are sextile, square, trine or in opposition to the Moon's sign and if there's a planet in any one of the in a greater degree than the Moon then the Moon is not VOC. If you don't find a planet then the Moon is VOC.

Things are a little more complicated if the Moon is in 19 degrees onwards In this case it's orb extends beyond the sign boundary, so you will have to include adjacent signs in your search. So if the Moon were at 25 degrees of a sign, it's orb will extend to 7 degrees of the next sign. If there's a planet between 0 degrees and 7 degrees of the sign then the Moon is not VOC Remember to check the other signs that are in major aspect to that degree. I'll put a full version into the glossary.

I will only bother with planetary movement if it's the Moon or if a planet is at 29 degrees and direct or 0 degrees and Retrograde In that case the planet is about to change signs and this suggests that something relating to the question is about to change. That change is not necessarily for the better, nor is it necessarily sufficient to secure, or even prevent the desired outome, unless there are several other indicators that change is coming and pointing to the same sort of change - for example a planet near a house cusp.

The conjunction with the Sun is generally undesirable because the planet is obscured, however at the moment of exact conjunction +/- 17 minutes, the planet gains strength and is a very positive situation.
Top   #71
Citizen

Ronia 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minderwiz View Post
Yes, you are right on both counts. Lilly sees a mutual reception by sign as a clear indicator of a successful outcome. I don't see any reason why the same should not apply to a mutual reception by exaltation, though I would prefer to see an aspect there as well (as in Lee's horary). Below that level of dignity I would definitely want to see the aspect between the significators. I would then be very happy to predict a successful outcome.

For translation of light a faster planet must in turn aspect one significator and then go on to aspect the other, without any intervening aspects to other planets. If there is such an intervening aspect, the matter is 'prohibited' by that intervening aspect. In simple terms, if a third planet gets in the way of the Moon translating the light from significator 1 to significator 2 then then matter will not work out.

It seems to me that you have a reasonable grip of mutual reception and translation of light, simply by asking those two particular questions - don't be so pessimistic about your own skills and ability - I think you have as good a grasp as I would expect at this stage, probably better!
Тhanks for the kind words, I guess the long unemployment got the best of me. I'll try to see the positive side.

I was asking these questions because a friend of mine cast a chart on relationship for herself and it was the first chart where I saw such mutual reception - she is initially signified by the Sun, the man by Jupiter but as they didn't have any connection, I went further to check if Venus (for her) made an aspect and then I realized exalted Venus was in Pisces while Jupiter was in Taurus. And then I wondered if that was a good sign for my friend starting this relationship. Unfortunately, no other aspects (all will be intervened by other planets), so this was the only ray of light. Oh, they are also in each other's terms I just realized. Quite interesting, for me, as I have never seen it before.
Top   #72
Citizen

SilentBreeze 
Citizen

Thanks Minderwitz for the answers. I did a reading for a friend that I will put up later. Another employment one, guess that's what's on everyone's mind.
Top   #73
Citizen

queen_of_wands 
Citizen

Is this thread still going? I am excited to try this out!
Top   #74
Student of Astrology

Minderwiz 
Student of Astrology

Yes, it is and I'm really looking to do another reading, so if you have a question you are most welcome to post it. You can either just post the question and I'll do the reading or you can have a read through the first few posts and then try casting your own chart and posting that, with your initial thoughts. As said at the beginning you can do as much or as little as you like
Top   #75
Citizen

queen_of_wands 
Citizen

I would like to try both, if you'd like to do my reading and post it, then i can use my chart to see how you got there, I already have my chart at astro.com. I posted it below in case it helps.

I have a couple of questions, I guess the most important one is what will March first be like for me? I have a competition, and I'd like to know how well I am going to place? Thank you.

Planetary positionsplanet sign degree motion

Sun Virgo 2746'53 in house 5 direct
Moon Scorpio 1214'42 in house 6 direct
Mercury Libra 1722'24 in house 6 retrograde
Venus Virgo 1621'06 in house 5 direct
Mars Sagittarius 042'44 in house 7 direct
Jupiter Scorpio 938'55 in house 6 direct
Saturn Libra 2151'08 in house 6 direct
Uranus Sagittarius 120'50 in house 7 direct
Neptune Sagittarius 2420'11 in house 8 direct
Pluto Libra 2542'45 in house 6 direct
True Node Cancer 947'03 end of house 2 retrograde
Planets at the end of a house are interpreted in the next house.

House positions (Placidus)Ascendant Taurus 2201'25
2nd House Gemini 1826'03
3rd House Cancer 949'02
Imum Coeli Leo 135'45
5th House Leo 2818'00
6th House Libra 529'11
Descendant Scorpio 2201'25
8th House Sagittarius 1826'03
9th House Capricorn 949'02
Medium Coeli Aquarius 135'45
11th House Aquarius 2818'00
12th House Aries 529'11
Top   #76
Citizen

queen_of_wands 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen_of_wands View Post
I would like to try both, if you'd like to do my reading and post it, then i can use my chart to see how you got there, I already have my chart at astro.com. I posted it below in case it helps.

I have a couple of questions, I guess the most important one is what will March first be like for me? I have a competition, and I'd like to know how well I am going to place? Thank you.

Planetary positionsplanet sign degree motion

Sun Virgo 2746'53 in house 5 direct
Moon Scorpio 1214'42 in house 6 direct
Mercury Libra 1722'24 in house 6 retrograde
Venus Virgo 1621'06 in house 5 direct
Mars Sagittarius 042'44 in house 7 direct
Jupiter Scorpio 938'55 in house 6 direct
Saturn Libra 2151'08 in house 6 direct
Uranus Sagittarius 120'50 in house 7 direct
Neptune Sagittarius 2420'11 in house 8 direct
Pluto Libra 2542'45 in house 6 direct
True Node Cancer 947'03 end of house 2 retrograde
Planets at the end of a house are interpreted in the next house.

House positions (Placidus)Ascendant Taurus 2201'25
2nd House Gemini 1826'03
3rd House Cancer 949'02
Imum Coeli Leo 135'45
5th House Leo 2818'00
6th House Libra 529'11
Descendant Scorpio 2201'25
8th House Sagittarius 1826'03
9th House Capricorn 949'02
Medium Coeli Aquarius 135'45
11th House Aquarius 2818'00
12th House Aries 529'11
eh, I used where I was born, I suppose for the question, i have read i am supposed to use the place where I am at now.
Top   #77
Citizen

queen_of_wands 
Citizen

I am not sure if I did this right:

I used: http://www.astro.com/cgi/atxgen.cgi?...&lang=e&nhor=2

to come up with this reading:

I will have success, but there will be a toll on my health. I will overcome the obstacles and should really focus on the people that I meet at the event, because the contacts will be important in the future.
Top   #78
Student of Astrology

Minderwiz 
Student of Astrology

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen_of_wands View Post
I am not sure if I did this right:

I used: http://www.astro.com/cgi/atxgen.cgi?...&lang=e&nhor=2

to come up with this reading:

I will have success, but there will be a toll on my health. I will overcome the obstacles and should really focus on the people that I meet at the event, because the contacts will be important in the future.
Can I ask what the question was
Top   #79
Citizen

Lee 
Citizen

Hi Astraea! I finally have some time to catch up on this thread, and I had a few questions about your post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraea View Post
here, Saturn teeters on the brink of Scorpio - where he, too, will become peregrine.
How can I tell here that Saturn will be peregrine in Scorpio?
Quote:
If we view the agency as a 7th house entity - which I am inclined to do, since the 7th concerns agents in general
Might it make a difference that the agency in my situation isn't a single person, but a company? Can the 7th house represent a company, or only individuals?

Thanks for the input Astraea, a lot of it went right over my head, but it was still enjoyable for me to try and puzzle it through, despite the gloomy outlook!

EDITED TO ADD: I deleted two of my questions when I read Minderwiz's subsequent post which explained them.
Top   #80

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.