Another reception question.

Minderwiz

Venus in Capricorn 29 (in 8th house, lord of 12th and 5th), direct. Saturn in 5 degrees Taurus (in 11th House, lord of 8th and 9th), retrograde

Each planet rules the other's sign, obviously

Using moeity Venus would seem to be making an applying square to Saturn, but Venus has to cross into Aquarius to perfect the aspect. (Saturn does not turn direct until after the aspect has perfected, and neither planet makes any other aspects till this square perfects)

Would this be considered reception of Venus by Saturn? If so would this temper the "lords of 8th and 12th squaring each other" bit, which would seem to indicate harsh death/disease/imprisonment etc (among other things?)

Would this be considered mutual reception? (using medieval/ancient definitions?)

With Saturn in Taurus and Venus in Capricorn, there's a mutual reception, Lilly would take that as effective in terms of a horary question, where only the exchange of signs is enough. In this case, although Venus must cross into Aquarius, there would still be a mutual reception, as Saturn rules Aquarius.

The interesting point is whether Venus has got so far that the first mutual reception ceases to be valid. Personally, I'd be inclined to raise a note of caution and say that I expect the matter to be perfected, though minor changes may be required and there may be some short delay or difficulty which will be overcome. If Saturn signifies another person, I'd conclude that both parties want the matter to be perfected and will work to overcome any last minute hiccups.

RohanMenon

Thanks MW

That was from my natal chart ;-)