The Dead Girl Tarot (working title)

Charmy

I absolutely LOVE this :)!

poivre

Amanda_04 said:
Cool! Kinda reminds me of that movie Coraline where a young girl has an "Other" family with button eyes, and the mom is really kinda evil.

Yesssss....Coraline

Then I like... Devil in a Red Dress... sounds... sassy :D

I feel your deck will have a modern twist to it!

Very nice indeed! :)

Moonboy

Nice work, LadyVervain
Best success on your decks completion!

Eyebright

I love the artwork I have seen so far, it is deliciously dark and macabre! I am keeping a close eye on the progress of this deck. :)

howaboutacupoftea

Those look amazing! Kudos! :D
Can't wait to see the rest :)

LadyVervain

Wow! I can't believe how much support I'm seeing already! <3

Anywho, I set up a blog for the deck, and here you can see everything you've already seen so far about the devil and the star, PLUS their poems (each card has a little poem that goes with it), and SUPER SPECIAL PLUS a whole ton of sketches I've done so far for the rest of the cards. Some are sketches that I did specifically for the deck, some are drawings from years past that I looked back at and thought, "Whoa, that really reminds me of [insert card name here]!" In any case, go take a look.

Here's the link to the sketches: http://deadgirltarot.blogspot.com/2011/01/sketches.html

*is excited*

LadyVervain

I should probably mention that I've always felt a special connection with the card XII THE HANGED MAN, and that I had quite a bit of fun with that sketch. Of the two sketched, it'll be the upside-down one. :p

Glitterbird

Creepy is a GOOD thing! ;)

Fragments

Um I want a copy like now. Like to read with now. Stomps feet and prepares to wait for 4 years. XD

And as for the hanged man, it was the card I chose my decks from. If a deck doesn't have a good hanged man, forget it.

LadyVervain

New Sketch

One more sketch, for the 7 of coins, is up on the blog.
http://deadgirltarot.blogspot.com/

Where the strange halo is will be no strange halo, but a ring of a few things floating madam leota style--probably a few honeybees, a needle and thread, a telescope, and a golden goblet.