Understanding Love (6)

Amanda

I felt compelled to make a spread, since it's that time of year. It's for all those folks out their looking to make some headway in their love lives. I asked the angels for their help, and the questions were formulated based on what they suggested to me (through the use of oracle cards).

{1}-{2}-{3}-{4}-{5}-{6}

{1} What do I need to know about love in my life?
{2} How can I find true love in others?
{3} How can I properly express my love?
{4} What blessings of love do I already have?
{5} Who/what do I need to forgive?
{6} Divine guidance to trust and follow:

queenxofxwands

Thanks Amanda, I'm going to try this one out right now, it's been quite a while since i looked at any of those questions :)

Chiriku

Good spread. Position #1 is worth the price of admission. Position #3 is very interesting with that "properly."

I think position #2 might be a bit unclear to some. Does it mean how can I encourage love in others, or how can I "see the best in people," or even how can I identify people who are loving?

Many people could benefit from this spread but I think some who may benefit from it the most will not use it because they are looking for a spread entitled "When & Where Will I Meet My Soulmate/Partner/Spouse?" The drive for companionship is a powerful one, and many are not satisfied with more philosophical approaches to the concept of love as you have set forth here.

Amanda

Good spread. Position #1 is worth the price of admission. Position #3 is very interesting with that "properly."

"Properly" might be my own undoing. LOL It was hard to look at the 'Music' card from the angel deck for that one -- I knew the angels were suggesting something about 'expression' -- but "creatively" didn't feel exactly right to me, either... maybe it should simply just be, "How can I express my love?" or "How can I best express my love?" There were nuggets of information in the card that made me feel I should slightly address the "beat of one's own drum."

I think position #2 might be a bit unclear to some. Does it mean how can I encourage love in others, or how can I "see the best in people," or even how can I identify people who are loving?

I decided I'm going to leave it up to the card that comes up to fully identify that one. Because initially when I was writing this spread, I was thinking of something along the lines of how to see the best in people. But then when I did the spread for myself... it came across as how I could encourage love in others AND how I could identify people who are loving. (But now that I think about it more, I think it could also be saying something along the lines of how to see the best in people.) But it depended on the first card I drew as well. For example:

(My spread) -Using Morgan-Greer
1. What do I need to know about love in my life? - King of Pentacles
2. How can I find true love in others? - 9 of Swords
3. How can I properly express my love? - Temperance

In the Morgan-Greer deck, the King of Pentacles is my favorite card. I use to identify the most with the King of Pentacles as a significator as well. Immediately upon drawing this card I thought to myself, "I'm rich! I've got all the love I need with plenty to spare." The King of Pentacles in this deck always makes me feel that "all is well". He softens the 9 of Swords falling in the next position. So I took the 9 of Swords as saying, "Untie their knots." Because the Morgan-Greer shows a pair of hands crossed and bound by ropes with a wall of swords in the background... so the card comes across as someone being their own prisoner. You don't actually see any other people in the card, so it feels like someone's got themselves tied up in knots somehow. Temperance supports the 9 of Swords, and was telling me to "have patience, work delicately and carefully" (to untie the knots).

Many people could benefit from this spread but I think some who may benefit from it the most will not use it because they are looking for a spread entitled "When & Where Will I Meet My Soulmate/Partner/Spouse?" The drive for companionship is a powerful one, and many are not satisfied with more philosophical approaches to the concept of love as you have set forth here.

Yeah, I was thinking about that -- I guess, I'm leaving it up to the angels. :D Maybe someone who is finally realizing they aren't getting anywhere by strictly asking about a person or their future will start to lose faith in tarot and come here and find this spread and decide to try something "different".

But then I thought... it'd be a good spread for anyone really... to see how love is settling in on their lives.

Amanda

Oooh, I just had another insight about my King of Pentacles/9 of Swords -- don't take conflict with others (another card in the spread was the 5 of Wands) so personally and get myself all tied up in knots.

That's very interesting, to see the projecting I'm doing going on here in this spread. And I now see you can get additional info to help interpret each card, by looking at the cards that mirror each other (1,6 - 2,5 - 3,4).

Beautifully, wonderfully... sneaky... angels. }) :laugh: :heart:

queenxofxwands

Let me know how it works for you! :)

Hehe, it worked very well. I had some strange cards which at first sent me into complete denial lol, but,once i let go of that, i could see it was very very accurate. Thanks again :)

Amanda

Hehe, it worked very well. I had some strange cards which at first sent me into complete denial lol, but,once i let go of that, i could see it was very very accurate. Thanks again :)

The spread snuck up on you too, huh -- I think this makes me love it even more! :laugh: :D

Thank you for trying it out, I'm really glad it worked out okay for you. :)

Phoenix11

I just tried this spread and it was a very beautiful reading :) It made a lot of sense to me and even brought tears to my eyes....especially when Temperance came up for card 4 and I knew it was my angels letting me know they're around me and love me. Thank you the great spread... This is one I'll keep looking back in my journal for a reminder!