Best crystal reference book?

stone_lotus

I'm looking for a basic crystal reference book. The ideal book for me would include crystal properties, healing uses, lore, and tasteful photography/illustrations. Any suggestions? Thanks!

starsofnorth

There are a number of books out there. Since you specifically asked for one with pictures, you might want to look at Judy Hall's 101 Power Crystals: The Ultimate Guide to Magical Crystals, Gems, and Stones for Healing and Transformation. This book a bit of everything but it's rather New Age.

If you have a favorite gem or culture, I'd recommend following up information on that. I say this because some gems are viewed differently from culture to culture. I prefer going by culture, the occult and personal favorites. Sometimes you may find attributes or a stone that's not listed anywhere in a magical sense.

Hope this helps.

Onion Budgie

I find The Essential Crystal Handbook by Simon and Sue Lilly to be very helpful. It includes all of the features you mention, as well as a few meditation suggestions.

stone_lotus

There are a number of books out there. Since you specifically asked for one with pictures, you might want to look at Judy Hall's 101 Power Crystals: The Ultimate Guide to Magical Crystals, Gems, and Stones for Healing and Transformation.

Thanks for the recommendation! Yes, you're right, there are so many books out there that I was getting overwhelmed. I'll check this one out.

stone_lotus

I find The Essential Crystal Handbook by Simon and Sue Lilly to be very helpful. It includes all of the features you mention, as well as a few meditation suggestions.

Oooh, meditation suggestions! Sounds intriguing and very much up my alley. Thanks for the recommendation!

Sibylline

I'd also check out volume 1 of The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall. It's everything you described, but it's more like an encyclopedic handbook with lots of pictures, properties, and suggested uses. Very portable and super helpful!

Padma

Myself I enjoy using "The Book of Stones" by Richard Simmons and Naisha Ashian.

The pictures are lovely, and the metaphysical information is awesome! Richard is a gemologist and jeweller, and Naisha is a crystal healer. They each give their takes on the stones. :) There are also tips for working with the crystals, as in laying them on your body or within your auric field.

You can get it at Amazon :)

stone_lotus

I'd also check out volume 1 of The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall. It's everything you described, but it's more like an encyclopedic handbook with lots of pictures, properties, and suggested uses. Very portable and super helpful!

I like the sound of "very portable"! I'm always on the lookout for books that aren't too heavy so I can lug them around to coffee shops and what-not. Thank you!

stone_lotus

Myself I enjoy using "The Book of Stones" by Richard Simmons and Naisha Ashian.

The pictures are lovely, and the metaphysical information is awesome! Richard is a gemologist and jeweller, and Naisha is a crystal healer. They each give their takes on the stones. :) There are also tips for working with the crystals, as in laying them on your body or within your auric field.

You can get it at Amazon :)

This sounds very cool -- I like that there's two different takes included in the one book. Practical tips sounds useful too. Thanks so much for this recommendation!

danieljuk

I still want to get my first crystal reference book, I want to find a near complete one as possible, covering as much as possible.

I have an old note stored where Lotus recommended to me "The Complete Crystal Handbook" by Cassandra Eason. It was on my list to buy sometime. Just adding that in to the thread as well.