Essential Ginger Oil for the tummy

celticnoodle

oh, me too! I LOVE tea. I'm a big tea drinker.

if you type in Chimesgourmet you will find them online (along with a store locater) they really are good! :)

But, if chewies bug you, then you can always have ginger tea :) with a bit of honey, it would be quite palatable! I put a link below that has the recipe to make it :)

http://www.popsugar.com/food/Ginger-Tea-Recipe-26872795
thanks, Padma. I've also had ginger tea before. very nice. If I recall properly though, I had ginger tea bags--but I don't really recall for sure. thanks for the link!

greatdane

Not going off topic, I do this WITH the ginger! I got Seabands at the pharmacy. A friend mentioned they worked for her on a cruise. They're for nausea whether from motion, pregnancy, etc. So I figure, the bands (that press on acupressure points on the wrist) COMBINED with the ginger, should be even more effective.

Smiling

I relied on ginger a lot to relieve major heartburn that I suffered from when I was pregnant. I started with ginger beers and ginger chews, and then eventually just went to the source - just ate pieces of raw, peeled ginger throughout the day! It was a life saver. :) I used to carry baggies of ginger bits around with me to help me get through the day...

I haven't tried the oil though, and it's good to know, thanks. :)

LittleOne

Ooh! Fabulous! I'm going to buy some ginger oil. I used to travel a lot and get motion sickness. Never went anywhere without a bag of crystallised ginger or ginger tablets. Bulky long trips I used to drink ginger tea everyday leading up to the trip. I used to hate the taste of ginger but after consuming so much for travel I love the stuff AND the smell is divine, so some oil would be great!

greatdane

I plan on getting some lozenges as well, LittleOne

Just to keep by my bedside. I saw Amazon has the lozenges quite inexpensively. But the oil worked better and faster than I thought it would. I have never expected anything one rubs on to work internally so well.

Laura Borealis

pure, organic ginger chews (like Chimes brand, for instance) are fast and effective, as well :)

Mmm, Chimes are the best! But I have trouble keeping them around. I like them too much. Also Ting Ting Jahe (not organic but good). I used to buy Ting Ting Jahe in big bags. They are very chewy, so not for you anti-chew people ;)

Candied ginger, even better... I love ginger.

I do drink ginger tea for upset tummies. Though the last box of teabags I got aren't very gingery. I'm going to get straight-up ginger root instead, since it's so easy to make fresh ginger tea.

I never would have thought of using ginger essential oil topically, greatdane... thanks for the suggestion! I will have to try it.

greatdane

Now I want candied ginger, Laura Borealis!

That's sounds really good! The essential oil is handy when it's late and you don't want to get out of bed :).

I remember my mother giving me ginger ale for an upset tummy when I was really young, back in the Stone Age.

celticnoodle

That's sounds really good! The essential oil is handy when it's late and you don't want to get out of bed :).

I remember my mother giving me ginger ale for an upset tummy when I was really young, back in the Stone Age.

:laugh: the Stone Age, eh, Greatdane? hmmm...did you know Fred Flintstone? :D

Yes, when I was pregnant I kept a bottle of ginger ale and saltine crackers next to my bed every night for the nausea. Ginger is a great help in many areas!

I also just recalled that it is also good for headaches. My sister and I suffer with migraines--she gets them still on a regular basis and uses ginger ale to help her with it.

greatdane

Yes CN Fred and Wilma lived next door, great people :)

I never connected ginger ale and ginger when I was really young. I didn't know anyone who cooked with ginger. I didn't even have a ginger snap til I will almost a teen. HMMMM so ginger snaps are a....medicine....:))

I love learning about more natural ways to quell any ailments and, I admit, as far as internal things, hadn't thought about essential oils until the last ten years or so. I would always think you had to SWALLOW something to have it work on something like your tummy.
The ginger oil was quite an interesting find for me.

celticnoodle

I never connected ginger ale and ginger when I was really young. I didn't know anyone who cooked with ginger. I didn't even have a ginger snap til I will almost a teen. HMMMM so ginger snaps are a....medicine....:))

I love learning about more natural ways to quell any ailments and, I admit, as far as internal things, hadn't thought about essential oils until the last ten years or so. I would always think you had to SWALLOW something to have it work on something like your tummy.
The ginger oil was quite an interesting find for me.

oh God, yes! Gingersnaps were my all time favorite cookie and gingerbread--YUM!!! Unfortuantely, I cannot eat them anymore. I wonder how good gingersnaps and gingerbread made with GF flour would taste?? :D

Were you friends with Pebbles? :laugh: