Five of Cups

WalesWoman

I was looking at this card and the colors of what spilled from the three cups. I was wondering if the green would be physical/material loss(Pentacles), the red for loss of desires/energy(Wands) and the purple for integrity/moral/higher self (Swords). The cups themselves representing the emotional stakes that held them.
Any one else have any thoughts about this?

poivre

Haven't thought about it & never noticed it either.

Maybe one cup could represent extreme emotions because of the cups with the emotions & the last cup could be clear meaning the persons spirit.

I thought maybe the 5 cups were the 4 elements & Spirit.

I really don't know, can you tell? lol

WalesWoman

LOL, me neither or I wouldn't have brought it up. That first cup's contents appear such a bilious green, who would regret spilling something so poisonous looking?

cartarum

five of cups

the five of cups to me, means not up to expectations. it can also be tarots way of saying "not what you think". reversed, its you cant go there, so you must go here. having no choice is a good phrase for this card reversed.

Fulgour

Mixed Emotions

Red Blue Yellow are Primary Colours

Green Orange Purple are Secondary Colours

Secondary Colours are created by mixing 2 Primary Colours

Green = Blue & Yellow

So we are seeing a very unique blending here! :)

Fulgour

5 of Cups

"The Crossroads Card"

katie_here

5 of Cups

In one of my decks, the five cups are on the floor, four of them are upturned, their contents spilled, but one remains.

I like to look at this card a bit like the Star... Hope. Four cups may be tipped over, but there is still something left, not much, but something to go on.

Sorry I've just realised I should have spoke about the Rider-Waite Tarot.!!!

Ooops.

psychic sue

Fulgour said:
5 of Cups

"The Crossroads Card"

Yes, the five of cups is crossroads or Gate. Take your experience with you, but learn from it.

Skydancer

I have never thought of this card as being a 'crossroads card'. Guess I should read one of those little ol' white books once in a while, eh? ;)

I think of this card as signifying that although 3 are gone (or more in other decks - I'm looking at the Universal Waite here) there are 2 left. The figures seems to have forgotten this, and is coveting those lost.

Bridge over water in background - cross walk over the unconscience? That would be the cross roads? Or, you are now at the cross roads as to what you will concentrate on - that which is gone or that which remains.

my 2¢
*S*

Earthly Virgo

Spilled cups

Hi Wales
You know how I always go on about the close connection to the energy of cards and the chakra energies.....well here I go again.

This crossroad card sometimes feels like the red spilled (1st Chakra- Tribal connection/Family Connection) indicates that you are somehow leaving behind the tribal (family) beliefs and the green is the healing energy..the heart energy.

I love this card because it feels to me when I get it in a reading that even though things are emotionally a bit tough there is "back up" there so you may be choosing to change somethings but there is the security of knowing some things remain in place....to build on and grow with.