Hebrew Letters on the RWS cards

Richard

But then what do we make of the letter Shin on The Fool?.....
What do we make of the Tzaddi on the wand on the Magician's table? ETA. Oh, I get it now. It's not a Tzaddi, it's a funny looking Aleph. :!: :joke:

Richard

I'm on a roll! The B on the black pillar of the High Priestess stands for Beth. Now I need to find a Gimel on the Empress.

INIVEA

But then what do we make of the letter Shin on The Fool?

It is not exactly unusual that Waite doesn't mean what he says and doesn't say what he means. I am always ready to take his words with a grain of salt. But pictures are quite a different story.

Already the equally secretive Alchemists emphasized that they left clues in images that they would never express in words. Waite may well have thought about his Tarot deck similarly.

Although there is no hard evidence, I think Mary may be on to something with the statement that I quoted.

I particularly resonate with her "multi-dimensional" take on symbols. It reminds me of the two different suggestions regarding the Trumps VIII and XII. Strange as it sounds, both seem to hold true, as i.e. my research regarding birth cards on Aeclectic suggests. Based on the usual ToL, this is hard to understand. However, Robert C. Stein's three-dimensional "quantum tree" might reconcile both views.

Apparent contradictions in occultism are often two sides of a thing. To understand their unity, a higher perspective must be adopted, which is difficult to express in words. However, THIS is the true content of Waite's Secret Tradition. ;)

Speaking of Strength and the Magician, what do they have in common (symbol) and that Waite re ordered them to fit (astrologically) Strength (Leo).

So I will present to you all a image which I find interesting Coral Castle ~ Sun Dial This Sun dial is extremely accurate and one of it's kind. Keep in mind what was Waite trying to Accomplish and What do Waite and Edward Leedskalnin have in common (Ancient Text).

So we have Waite (astrologically rearrangement and Hebrew letter disagreement) Waite has another Hebrew arrangement in mind, What is it? Waite hiding it in symbols? are these symbols (Spiritual) or are they (Scientific)?

I Think we need to take a closer look at these symbols in the cards in a different perspective. What do you all Think

ETA: here is an interesting video on the sun dial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2mX87fJv9E pay attention to what E.L. says about astrologers.

Found a much better video this has far more info, interesting (even shows an image of an ancient Egyptian) Sundial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzeq4e_jky8

INIVEA

I'm on a roll! The B on the black pillar of the High Priestess stands for Beth. Now I need to find a Gimel on the Empress.

Let it Roll, makes sense. I will join you, this will be fun :D

INIVEA

ok I took a hard look at the Fool, now if you take the Fool card, and flip it horizontally. The Fool himself makes the letter Tsaddi / Tzadi / Tzadik = Fish Hook, which makes so much sense.

The bag on the end of the wand and the white rose are the tips of the Y, then follow the rest of the Fools posture and leg.

Tobias and his dog - as presented by Teheuti Look at the images posted (Fish in Tobias hand) then read

1 And as they went on their journey, they came in the evening to the river Tigris, and they lodged there.

2 And when the young man went down to wash himself, a fish leaped out of the river, and would have devoured him.

3 Then the angel said unto him, Take the fish. And the young man laid hold of the fish, and drew it to land.

4 To whom the angel said, Open the fish, and take the heart and the liver and the gall, and put them up safely.

5 So the young man did as the angel commanded him; and when they had roasted the fish, they did eat it: then they both went on their way, till they drew near to Ecbatane.

6 Then the young man said to the angel, Brother Azarias, to what use is the heart and the liver and the gal of the fish?

7 And he said unto him, Touching the heart and the liver, if a devil or an evil spirit trouble any, we must make a smoke thereof before the man or the woman, and the party shall be no more vexed.

8 As for the gall, it is good to anoint a man that hath whiteness in his eyes, and he shall be healed.

INIVEA

Now I need to find a Gimel on the Empress.

I found Gimel on the Empress, well to me it looks like Gimel.

first turn the Hebrew letter upside down. then look at the empress and how she sits and hold the scepter.

Michael Sternbach

Hi INIVEA,

Thank you for sharing your insights. I am also convinced that there are close connections between Leedskalnin, Egyptian metaphysics, Astrology, Tarot and a number of other topics.

Cheers,
Michael