5 of pentacles recurring- love reading

snowmoon

Hello everyone,

So 5 of pentacles keeps on coming when I ask about a specific person.
It is a romantic interest and we live/ work in the same place.
I asked two different times how he sees me and in both the card that came up was 5 of pents.
The first time I thought he sees me as going through hardship as indeed I was under much pressure at work and was very hard on me. The second I started thinking the possibility of seeing me as not fiting in in the work environment we are.

This morning I pulled just one card for the day and what might happen/ his actions re me and the card was again 5 of pentacles!

3 times is a lot. I am not sure what this card tries to tell me. Do I look like needy? Does he feel like tired and exhausted in here? Does he think we are in the same position not be exactly like the way others are around, sharing the same situation financially or psychologically perhaps? These are possible interpretations I give but I am sure there is something I am missing here.

Thank you.

hi,

if this card is keep pop out to you. it is a important message. the card are telling you ASK for HELP. the card can tell you about stress, financial worry, and so on,

yes, the 5 conis, you are sharing work environment together, but remember the image of this card, it is in a helpless situation.

Ruby Jewel

Hello everyone,

So 5 of pentacles keeps on coming when I ask about a specific person.
It is a romantic interest and we live/ work in the same place.
I asked two different times how he sees me and in both the card that came up was 5 of pents.
The first time I thought he sees me as going through hardship as indeed I was under much pressure at work and was very hard on me. The second I started thinking the possibility of seeing me as not fiting in in the work environment we are.

This morning I pulled just one card for the day and what might happen/ his actions re me and the card was again 5 of pentacles!

3 times is a lot. I am not sure what this card tries to tell me. Do I look like needy? Does he feel like tired and exhausted in here? Does he think we are in the same position not be exactly like the way others are around, sharing the same situation financially or psychologically perhaps? These are possible interpretations I give but I am sure there is something I am missing here.

Thank you.

I remember reading on this forum about a year ago that the 5 of Pentacles is about two people unable to find a place to be together. It was such an odd definition that I never forgot it.

jenster

I have had this card on my mind a lot in the past year. And I must confirm it has come up consistently for me to depict a person who is too absorbed by his real-life practical worries to be able to open up to anything else.

However looking back the situations involved were different to one another.

I have had it come up for a crash resulting from drug use. "Crash" not as a car accident but crash as the comedown from a drug-induced high.

I have had it come up for someone struggling with sobriety. Not failing at sobriety, just struggling, fighting not to relapse.

I have had it come up for financial worries, big ones.

Also, and I think this is more relevant, I have had it come up as someone who experiences helplessness not because of actual circumstances but because she or he has felt that way either all his life or for a very long period of time.
In other words it's someone who has felt helpless because of real reasons for so long that even when those reasons no longer exist the feeling remains. Does this make sense?

All these scenarios too make sense when you look at the image in the Raider Waite. It's not that there is nowhere they can go it's that they are too absorbed in their helplessness to even see it.

It's not the self-absorption of the four of cups, these are legitimate reasons to not see the better possibility, but just as the four of cups it can be a temporary psychological state.

jenster

I remember reading on this forum about a year ago that the 5 of Pentacles is about two people unable to find a place to be together. It was such an odd definition that I never forgot it.

Yes! I just finished writing a really long post and forgot this!

However in my experience this has to do with established couples in situations like a long distance relationship. The inability to find a place to be together in my readings has always meant not being able to afford it financially.

Ruby Jewel

Yes! I just finished writing a really long post and forgot this!

The inability to find a place to be together in my readings has always meant not being able to afford it financially.

Isn't that precisely what the 5 of Pentacles is saying here? These people are obviously homeless and penniless. Their only hope is a belief in the miracle hinted at by the light in the church window.

Ruby Jewel

I have had it come up for someone struggling with sobriety. Not failing at sobriety, just struggling, fighting not to relapse.

Also, and I think this is more relevant, I have had it come up as someone who experiences helplessness not because of actual circumstances but because she or he has felt that way either all his life or for a very long period of time.

In other words it's someone who has felt helpless because of real reasons for so long that even when those reasons no longer exist the feeling remains. Does this make sense?

I agree with you that this is a fascinating card, one worth exploring on many levels. The helplessness you describe sounds like the "hopelessness" of an alcoholic. This card just exudes this scenario to me....the light in the window is the hope offered by the church or AA, which in the sense of recovering, any alcoholic would tell you takes a miracle.

Altamira

I didn't notice from the previous posts if this was mentioned at all yet however I glanced at each one rather quickly, so figured I'd add my own potential perspective on it:

He could see you as someone who's needing outside help and or help from "higher ups" like a manager or supervisor for example at work and maybe no one else sees this or notices anyone offering any help and leaving you to handle it on your own or until you're ready to reach out and ask for it yourself.

Or maybe sees you as someone who doesn't follow the status quo and is independent even if at times it's not the easiest way for you to be, and that can make you sometimes seem left out and isolated. Another way could be he sees you as taking a recent fall and now having to deal with the process of working your way back into the "warm", cozy, and accepted "place" in your works environment. If that makes sense?

Those are just some of the ways I would possibly look at the card given the context of it being work related.

For me personally however, it's appeared in the "how someone sees you" position and it's meant that the person saw me as struggling to recover from a hard setback and despite being down and out, I was still continuing to do my best even when it wasn't much or made a noticeable difference to others who also saw me as a wounded bird that others watched in pity yet did nothing to help. Low on confidence but still in the game none the less. I did at times feel "pathetic"but I didn't give up and to me there's that distinct feeling now with this card of perseverance behind it. Almost admirable depending on which way the cards are leading you of course.

Hello and thank you! I am sorry for the late reply. It makes perfect sense. I can imagine this being true: him noticing that I try to manage to much on my own and taking so much responsibility without support from the higher ups. He also knows that I keep some independence in relation to them. At the same time, it has been me also that have noticed this about him. I wonder if there is any sense of mirroring in that card too. Thank you for sharing how the card relates to you: Perserverance can also describe my situation too at times.

Altamira

He sees you out of his league.

Thanks for this interpretation and apologies for the late feedback. That sounds possible as he might think I see him as too young for me. I think a third person who knows us both has made a similar remark once.

Altamira

Thank you! This is an interesting take and definitely rings true. Although we share the same physical space (we live where we work) it is hard to find a place to be together just on our own or without that not being noticed/ gossiped by the others. It has happened only once ever and he decided to leave after a little while either because he was not really keen to share the privilege or he wanted to make sure that no rumours would start. (It was early hours- sleeping time)

Altamira

He doesn't see you as a romantic interest as of yet.

The 5 of Pentacles is also a card of marriage though it's not its most common meaning.

But if you take it in that context, he most likely has thought you are the marrying kind of person, but it doesn't indicate that he is interested in making a move. (Sometimes we have brief fleeting thoughts (8 of wands) that make us imagine the infinite amount of possibilites). Just because someone thinks you are a good girl doesn't mean that you will end up being their partner.

Things will come to a conclusion and you will get your answer soon says the 8 of Wands and World.

There could also be some depression and moodiness, so perhaps if you like him try to find a way to make him feel good about himself.

Thank you! Well very hard to see marriage indication in this specific scenario but I can understand that he might see me as a marrying kind of person.