Is 6 of swords a good outcome for a minor surgery?

tarot_quest

Hi :)

Someone close to me asked me about the outcome if they go under a small surgery to improve their heath (they are not forced to do it). I pulled 3 cards and the last one was the 6 of swords - which I interpret as breathing new/fresh air, perhaps winning the battle - . Then, I pulled 3 cards if this person decided not to do the surgery and the last card was rx 6 of wands - which I see as the opposite of victory, or even feeling less confident as a result-.

Regarding the outcome (i.e. related to the benefit from getting the surgery), is 6 of swords a promising outcome?

Thanks for your input guys!

PAMUYA

Moving forward to a more positive place of healing.

feminine_mystique

Healing will be slow and possibly a bit painful. But rest assured they will move onto the new and improved self. Since it's swords I can possibly see them leaving with stitches? Which would explain the pain from the swords in their mind as we all know they are so painful.

6 of wands rx definitely would be a lack of moving forward. Being stuck in time and not succeeding in lifes direction due to that standstill.

lamyamah

Yes they will be fine. Sailing away serenely from any 'trauma'/surgery. Also it looks more like mental ache than actual pain. But the swords would indicate cuts. 6 of wands reversed, is just delays getting back onto feet and out and about I feel.

tarot_quest

Hi Pamuya,

Yes I also nearly always see the 6 of swords as positive. But I was asking because it is a mental card, so I was not sure if a concrete outcome could be reached. Thank you very much :)

tarot_quest

Healing will be slow and possibly a bit painful. But rest assured they will move onto the new and improved self. Since it's swords I can possibly see them leaving with stitches? Which would explain the pain from the swords in their mind as we all know they are so painful.

6 of wands rx definitely would be a lack of moving forward. Being stuck in time and not succeeding in lifes direction due to that standstill.

Thank you feminine_mystique :)

Yes you are right here that the surgery will require healing (a good 3 weeks, out of which this person will not work for almost a week). It's interesting that you see an improved self, hopefully it help this person! The stitches will not be visible since the surgery is inside their body, but their body will change for sure after it.

It is also true that the present condition creates some pain, especially in their mind, so leaving it behind after a period of healing will be good. Thanks for your input about 6 of wands rx, it reinforces my initial intuition/thought about this card.

tarot_quest

Yes they will be fine. Sailing away serenely from any 'trauma'/surgery. Also it looks more like mental ache than actual pain. But the swords would indicate cuts. 6 of wands reversed, is just delays getting back onto feet and out and about I feel.

Yes, you must be thinking about the RW version with a man in a boat, leaving the storm behind :), it makes sens here. Just to let you know that this person will surely undergo surgery because of the mental pain it causes, so your take is relevant. The 6 of wands rx was the outcome if they don't do a surgery, so it might indeed create some delays to feel better. I appreciate your take!

equeue

I agree with this and also because action is indicated in the card despite swords being about the mind.

I also think that it could mean the worst is over and they will be relieved of their stress/worry while recovering aka the worst is over which is the worrying.

tarot_quest

I agree with this and also because action is indicated in the card despite swords being about the mind.

I also think that it could mean the worst is over and they will be relieved of their stress/worry while recovering aka the worst is over which is the worrying.

Thanks for your input! Yes, this condition causes some worries and is perceived as stressful for this person. So a relief here would be beneficial.

I told this person recently that this surgery might be a good move after all.