Interesting Combinations using a three card system for courts

Shebelle

I just have a question about this: let's say I am asking about "Bill" and what I need to know about "the other woman" in his life. And I pull Court Cards for Positions 2 and 3, BUT the Courts are both male cards! Or, I pull for "Bill" and get a female Court in either Position 2 or 3!

I am wondering if, in the first instance, the fact that both are male Courts would be more indictive of an "equal" relationship or that the relationship is not romantic. I suppose it could mean the "other woman" is a man, but I doubt it :) I also wondered if the 2 Courts were actually both describing Bill, but just different aspects of him.... Does that make sense?

In the second example, I am wondering if maybe the female Court doesn't still describe Bill, but is addressing his approach to the situation.

Thoughts?

Bernice

Shebelle is this what you mean:

Question #1: What do I need to know about the other woman in Bills' life? (ASIDE: Why do you need to know. Is it a necessity?)

Querent: The other woman. It's her you want to know about.

Pip card - Male-court - Male-court

The other woman is 'off-stage' invisible on the left of the spread, and she and the first male-court (presumably = Bill) have the pip-card between them.
They both 'share' whatever the pip-card means (to you, 'cos you're the reader). It's the 'something' that connects them.

Bill is 'carrying' another person - second male-court. Another way of saying this is; this is who - or what - Bill 'brings' to the scenario.

So....if this second male-court is a person (not Bills thoughts. There's some discussion about this in the posts), he, the 2nd one, could be responsible for whatever the pip-card means, the conection between them. i.e. Could the second male-court be a child?

I've done this LB's way, and not considered which way the courts are facing. In the book you have to see which way the courts are facing..... can you say what the cards are, and which way the courts face?

Bee :)

Shebelle

This is great, thanks! It completely helps me.

Shebelle

Part 2

Sorry -- yes. Three of Cups, Knight of Pents, and King of Wands. No biggie. I understand the meaning, I just couldn't figure if the 2 Courts were the same person...and I wasn't sure whether I was still the querent...since it's "What do I need to know about Bill and X?" I thought maybe I was the querent expressing the 3C in terms of my relationship w/ Bill, but that X might be NOT part of the reading after all. Know what I mean?? What you are saying is that X IS the querent, in my place.

Thanks again for your guidance.

FYI, I still tend to read any questions about "others" as answers that are about me... But maybe I should amend that??

Bernice

Hi Shebelle,

Shebelle: I just have a question about this: let's say I am asking about "Bill" and what I need to know about "the other woman" in his life.

and I interpreted that as:

Bee: What do I need to know about the other woman in Bills' life?

.....my thinking was that you want to know about the 'other woman' (my bold above), so I lay the cards to find out about her (her life), so she becomes the querent.
If I wanted to know about my brothers' girlfriend, I'd do the spread with 'her' in mind to see what the cards say about her - so she'd be the querent.

But everyone does their own thing in the end. We've just got to be clear about how we're doing it :)

You might be able to squeeze a bit more out of the reading by checking which way the courts are facing. See the earlier posts about this.
-----------

Later:

If you were the querent:

(Invisible you/querent) - 3 cups - Jack'Knight Coins - King Batons

You share 3cups with (I assume = Bill). Bill brings the King Batons, and this has something to do with Bills' connection to you.

So what or who is the King Batons?
Is he the link between you and Bill?
Is 'he' someone that Bill is concerned about or involved with which has some impact on how you & Bill relate?

However, there's nothing here about the other woman - unless King Batons is the reason she is in his life.

MariaPeea

Wow. This stuff is amazing. I had no idea how much easier it would make readings until I actually tried it. It's so much fun!!

So, I THINK I understand. Forgive me if I throw something at you guys for practice, so I can see if its sinking in...?

The question: How do I ease any fears x may have about his feelings/getting into a relationship?

Eight of Swords --- King of Wands --- Knight of Pentacles

SO! Eight of swords is something he and I share? So the advice is concerning the block between I and the King of Wands? And this block has something to do with the Knight of Pentacles, who could be someone we know, or the possibility of some other man? So,he is afraid of competition? The possibility of some Knight of Pentacles dependably riding in? Because, I also had the feeling to pull another card and got the Five of Wands, which I see as competition.

Did I get that right???

Shebelle

lol! See, Bernice? It's STILL complicated, even with this handy way of reading :)

When I read this over, I guess my questions were more along the lines of "Who is the other MALE Court in this reading about what I need to know about Bill and X?" (which you did a fantastic job of outlining.) And the other question -- the one I didn't realize I was asking, but needed the answer to -- was "How do I interpret the spread about others?" Because I have always been under the impression that you're "supposed" to phrase other readings as "What do I need to know about Bill and X" so that YOU, the querent, are the focus of the reading...with the cards telling you what YOU need to know. But what you're suggesting is that, when you do an "other" reading, the querent is, in fact, the people you're asking about....

I am not sure what to make of this. I want to be "right" in the way I interpret things, so I'm willing to abandon my previously held ideas about "other" readings, but I'm not -- sorry to sound judgy -- entirely convinced that the absent person is really the querent. I still sort of think I may be the querent, but if the accepted practice is something else, then I'll reconsider...

Which all makes me think that that is a thread unto itself :) Thanks again!!!

Shebelle

Maria,

Yes - you, the querent, are off stage and share the 8 of Swords with the King. The Knight is someone the King either depends on to do his business or someone else in the relationship.... But, YES, you have the gist of it!

Isn't it awesome?

Liz

Bernice

I am not sure what to make of this. I want to be "right" in the way I interpret things, so I'm willing to abandon my previously held ideas about "other" readings, but I'm not -- sorry to sound judgy -- entirely convinced that the absent person is really the querent. I still sort of think I may be the querent, but if the accepted practice is something else, then I'll reconsider...

Ultimately there's no right or wrong way of reading the cards - this thread is about using the method in the book P.P. But, we're also discussing adaptions of it... I think. (WHERE is LIttle Baron!).

The reason I used the 'other woman' as the querent is because it makes more sense to me.
If I wanted to know about my friends experience with the company that she works for, I'd make 'My Friend' the querent, and relate the cards to her interaction with the company. BUT, as I said before, each to their own :)

Bernice

Trying to clarify....

For me, it's important to get the question right. A hodge-poge query that involves 3 or more factors needs to be phrased clearly - especially with a 3-card spread.

I'm using the cards and asking them something. There is 'bond' (whatever) between us. I want them to give an answer as clearly as possible.

If someone asks me to read for them, they are the 'querent', UNLESS their question is asking for information about two or more other people (or several other factors) and the interaction between them. In which case the most obvious 'third party' would then become the 'querent'. Do you see what I mean ?