Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Tarocchi di Marcelo Inciso

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Deck Creation

Citizen

rylla 
Citizen

Great artwork!

I think it's easy (for Aces to figure out reversals)
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #21
Citizen

GlitterNova 
Citizen

How do the aces of wands and pents look? Those would be the two aces that I'd guess would be the hardest to distinguish reversals. I sort of like the numeral, to be honest. Consistency!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #22
Alien

blue_fusion 
Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterNova View Post
How do the aces of wands and pents look? Those would be the two aces that I'd guess would be the hardest to distinguish reversals. I sort of like the numeral, to be honest. Consistency!
The swords' and wands' aces look like Marseille aces where there's a ruffle-cuffed hand holding a stave or a sword, so a reversed version would be pretty obvious. The deniers', though have a more symmetrical look (will try to post images later, after I get some more work done ).

I really like consistency in my works too! With this project, though, I felt I had to balance consistency (and some innate need in me for something balanced or symmetrical looking) with the quirks and traditions which the cards were inspired from. For example, ten of cups should have 9 small cups at the arranged at the bottom half of the card and one huge cup oriented sideways at the top of the card. The Marcelo Inciso's has a more symmetrical-looking arrangement, but with the one huge cup retained (but oriented facing upward). Again, will try to post pics of working versions of all the aces side by side later.

With numeral-less aces, my rationale was that the aces are in a way separate from the pips anyway, in terms of them having "grander" designs. But I'm still on the fence regarding this. One of the main problems is that I originally intended the aces to have a dark background, which would mean white numerals, which apparently aren't too aesthetically-pleasing. But, well, I'll do some variations and also post pics of those here later.

For a pips-deck, this project has been quite a challenge to me, more so than the Maria Celia! It doesn't help that there seems to be "unforeseen things happening" (think: the Moon card), like this one time when I was working on digitizing the pips and creating template files for them and then some things kept cropping up (actually, "crapping up" is much more apt!) and I had to redo all 36 cards 4 times each! :-/
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #23
Alien

blue_fusion 
Alien

Attached are images of the Deniers ace. The first has the card with numerals on the side and the bottom, while the second has no numerals but is still nonetheless reversible. What do you guys think?

Also, a special thanks to h3ll0k1tt33 for providing info on some of her historical and contemporary Italian decks!
Attached Images

Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #24
sporadic magic

Debra 
sporadic magic

Hey Ly, I think you should do what's aesthetically best and not worry about pleasing those who might read Marseille pips with reversals. You've got great design sense and skill--go with what you know is right
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #25
Citizen

rylla 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra View Post
Hey Ly, I think you should do what's aesthetically best and not worry about pleasing those who might read Marseille pips with reversals. You've got great design sense and skill--go with what you know is right
I agree...
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #26
Resident

h3ll0k1tt33 
Resident

what they said! ^^^^
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #27
Alien

blue_fusion 
Alien

Thanks guys! Will do! I am really excited that this project is nearing its completion and publication. I have had test prints/proofs done a month or so back, but of course I'll be even more pleased to have the actual cards in my hands (and in The Game Crafter's new playing card stock too!).
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #28
Alien

blue_fusion 
Alien

Here's the 10 of Cups (to show what I said earlier about trying to retain certain quirks). I retained the one big cup in the bunch but I made the layout more (hopefully) harmonious.

Nearing the finish line now, so to speak. If I can proof the images tomorrow morning, I may be able to start an "early bird" promo of the deck in the afternoon (like what I did with my 2 previous decks). The first day of the month hopefully proves to be (in that I Ching way of saying things) auspicious for the deck.
Attached Images

Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #29
Citizen

Rhapsodin 
Citizen

Superb. So.....it should be in print fairly soon?

Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #30

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.