Death as feelings clarified by the 9 of cups

Twenty Seven

just got death, how would you interpret this card as

How does 'A' feel for 'B'? Maybe old feelings dying with the replacement of 9 of cups? maybe both mean the same since 9 of cups is a clarifier? or perhaps the meaning is a mix of these two cards? I can't really figure it out.

Both upright
RWS

Natcam

Rather than suggesting the end of feelings for someone, maybe it means that your feelings are being transformed, or irrevocably changed. The 9ofC might suggest that you are developing more of a focus on self love/respect and personal fulfilment, and shifting your focus away from pleasing another.

Twenty Seven

Rather than suggesting the end of feelings for someone, maybe it means that your feelings are being transformed, or irrevocably changed. The 9ofC might suggest that you are developing more of a focus on self love/respect and personal fulfilment, and shifting your focus away from pleasing another.
Pretty interesting, don't you see 9C as a bit selfish, hedonistic of self-focused by any chance? :D

EmpyreanKnight

Maybe what the querent felt for the man was the death of her old feelings of loneliness, isolation, or boredom into something so much more vibrant, alive, like he was the one she has been waiting for, the one she might've been dreaming of, the culmination of her desires. It's the Card of Change giving way to the Wish Card after all.

headincloud

a wished for ending perhaps?

Thirteen

Pretty interesting, don't you see 9C as a bit selfish, hedonistic of self-focused by any chance? :D
You say "po-tay-toe," I say "po-tah-toe." ;) Imagine someone who has been emotionally there for everyone else and is exhausted. Drained dry, they say, "Enough," and focus on themselves...now, someone could call them "selfish" but are they being selfish? I think not. So, the 9/Cups self-focus may in no way be selfish or hedonistic. It may be simply be feeling "satisfied." Good about yourself and with good reason.

Can it indicate an "eat, drink and be merry" way of thinking? Sure. A literal Dr. Feel-Good who is selfish and all about liquor and drugs and being around people who make you feel good. But it doesn't have to indicate that. Remember, however, that 9/Cups is the *clarifier*. You can't ignore that Death card and only look at the 9/Cups as if 9/Cups was the answer. It wasn't. It merely "clarifies" the Death Card. So. How does A feel about B? "Death card."

Which likely means, yes, A's feelings about B are over and done with. Close that door, back to thinking about themselves (9/Cups). I often seen the 9's as related to the Hermit. Very much about being happy alone. No feelings for anyone else at the moment.

Twenty Seven

Maybe what the querent felt for the man was the death of her old feelings of loneliness, isolation, or boredom into something so much more vibrant, alive, like he was the one she has been waiting for, the one she might've been dreaming of, the culmination of her desires. It's the Card of Change giving way to the Wish Card after all.
oh, I'd like that to be the case, hope so
a wished for ending perhaps?
Hope not :D
You say "po-tay-toe," I say "po-tah-toe." ;) Imagine someone who has been emotionally there for everyone else and is exhausted. Drained dry, they say, "Enough," and focus on themselves...now, someone could call them "selfish" but are they being selfish? I think not. So, the 9/Cups self-focus may in no way be selfish or hedonistic. It may be simply be feeling "satisfied." Good about yourself and with good reason.

Can it indicate an "eat, drink and be merry" way of thinking? Sure. A literal Dr. Feel-Good who is selfish and all about liquor and drugs and being around people who make you feel good. But it doesn't have to indicate that. Remember, however, that 9/Cups is the *clarifier*. You can't ignore that Death card and only look at the 9/Cups as if 9/Cups was the answer. It wasn't. It merely "clarifies" the Death Card. So. How does A feel about B? "Death card."

Which likely means, yes, A's feelings about B are over and done with. Close that door, back to thinking about themselves (9/Cups). I often seen the 9's as related to the Hermit. Very much about being happy alone. No feelings for anyone else at the moment.

thanks a lot for your input, it makes a lot of sense. I guess I gotta mention that after a couple of hours I asked the same question again, (yes, I'm a beginner after all) and I got a highly contradictory card this time, I posted which card was it, but rwcarter removed my reply since it wasn't allowed hehe