The empress and the hierophant

Chamcham

How would you interpret this combination in regards to someone's feelings? I don't see them as romantic. I think it's more like a person you see as being like a father to me. I see The empress being motherly love and the hierophant being traditional and masculin.
I am really interested to hear any other interpretations....

rwcarter

Moderator Note

As Aeclectic is a learning forum, please explain how each card fits into the interpretation you arrived at.

Chamcham

I see The empress being motherly love and the hierophant being traditional and masculin. that is how I came up with the interpretation of like a father

PAMUYA

Empress and hierophant: Someone's feelings, the empress. For me is unconditional love, like a parent's love for their children, motherly. Heirophant is the traditions of your culture. I can see this as meaning this person feels you being a wife/husband, mother/father, a traditional role. Romantic can be many things to different people. This person may be looking for someone to settle down with, or feels that is what you are looking for. These are not passionate cards, but they do cover a very important emotional need when looking for a mate.

Grizabella

The thought that comes to my mind first (B.C.=before coffee) is that this could indicate lessons one's mother taught them about relationships. The snatches of 2 songs come to mind. One is "Mama told me there'd be days like this" and the other is "Mama told me not to come". This could be the feelings of someone who has been playing the field and then meets another person who is definitely going to make playing the field a thing of the past and the other is someone who is feeling, "oh man, here we go" warning them of a bad experience. So it could be either a really good or really bad omen for the feelings one person has for another.

EmpyreanKnight

I think that on the subject's part, it signifies his/her feeling that the querent would be a solid, stable partner in any relationship. It doesn't have to mean it will be stolid and bland- to the able, rock-steady helmsmanship of the Hierophant is wedded the lively, bounteous fecundity of the sensual Empress. It does seem like a rather dreary coupling, but remember that the Hierophant also figures in some card combinations for marriage (thank you Thirteen), and that the fertile Empress also acts as the warmly maternal, formidably feminine pillar of an ideal family. I think that it would still depend on the other cards in the spread though.