Star as outcome with Two of cups + 3 of wands

Krix

Star, 2C, 3w jump out at me as being his position but it's impossible to judge accurately without the other cards.

By his "position" do you mean the engagement?

Thirteen

Literally the day after I did this spread, I heard from this individual that he is engaged to a mystery woman after only one year of dating (he has only mentioned seeing someone a few times, not even a name). So now I'm wondering if these cards were actually saying that those hopes are now out of reach (star) and that I will forever be like the guy in the 3w, waiting for a relationship (2c) that will never happen.
I think you jumping to a strange conclusion here. That this "outcome" relates to the fact that he's engaged and out of reach rather than, given this PRESENT fact (you didn't know it at the time, but it was in the now, not in the future), you are free to look beyond him. To look at others (2/Cups). To invest all that energy you put into him into others (3/Wands) who will give it back to you...unlike this individual, who took all you had and gave nothing back.

I think that Star etc. stands for you, and what you must do now. Heal, keep hoping, keep looking to the future, and look for other connections with other individuals (2/Cups). They are out there. Be patient and look at your situation differently (Hangedman). Yes, it's painful and frustrating and what you're feeling isn't going to go away fast. That's why you got the Star. Takes time. But that outcome is very hopeful. 3/Wands assures you. Follow the Star. You'll get what you're after. With someone else.

Krix

I think you jumping to a strange conclusion here. That this "outcome" relates to the fact that he's engaged and out of reach rather than, given this PRESENT fact (you didn't know it at the time, but it was in the now, not in the future), you are free to look beyond him. To look at others (2/Cups). To invest all that energy you put into him into others (3/Wands) who will give it back to you...unlike this individual, who took all you had and gave nothing back.

I think that Star etc. stands for you, and what you must do now. Heal, keep hoping, keep looking to the future, and look for other connections with other individuals (2/Cups). They are out there. Be patient and look at your situation differently (Hangedman). Yes, it's painful and frustrating and what you're feeling isn't going to go away fast. That's why you got the Star. Takes time. But that outcome is very hopeful. 3/Wands assures you. Follow the Star. You'll get what you're after. With someone else.

Thank you, Thirteen. I think you're right, it's easy to jump to that conclusion given the timing of events and the spread.

And yes, it's important to remember the healing aspect of the Star.

These posts have helped me see things in a different light. I see the cards now speaking of hope and carrying on, but also acceptance of what is and what won't be. I will get Past this.

Thank you :)