the Sun - romance or friendship?

Leviosa

Which do you see it as?

Please tell me your stories of drawing the sun and what it meant :)

Manfeex

Hey!

I didn't want to read and run. so I thought I try and help!

I've read the story and As I'm aware
The sun to me is a positivity!
Does she want friendship? or a little more?

I take it you done three spread?

Sorry to ask, and Again sorry if they have been answered.
I'am new to tarot by the way so I like to give this ago!

Silverbells

Hi,
I don't generally get The Sun to mean "romance." If it came up in "romance or friendship" question, I'd be more inclined to view it as a good friendship at best but quite honestly, I would say neither.

I see The Sun as showing that everything will be alright regardless of whatever terrible/sad things appear to be happening. The Universe etc. is present and attentive to you and taking care of your well-being. I've always gotten it for things along those lines. The imagery in the RW is the baby (helpless creature) riding on the horse and he/she is happy and healthy and safe even though: what baby is safe riding a horse? There are sunflowers in the background and the baby has the headdress with the red feather sticking out with arms open wide and the Sun is looking out at the viewer. It's all very: "You're a fabulous child of the Universe."

So, in summation, I get the card when the message is: just relax, and trust; your needs WILL be more than met (like the baby in the card) - you will even wear red feathers in your hair if you want to. No romance or friendship, really. It's a card about one's individuality and personal value and whatnot.
(I just woke up so I realize that this message is a little rambling but I'm sure it's coherent enough) Good Morning :)

Krix

I haven't had it come up to mean either love or friendship specifically, however what i think it does indicate is very strong, positive feelings towards you. You mean a great deal to this person, they feel joy and are bursting with energy and happiness when they are around you. The Sun is the brightest light in the sky; it removes the darkness. Who wouldn't want someone to feel that way about them?

PAMUYA

Romance or friendship? Romance meaning having sex, or friends with benefits, or a lifetime committed to love no other? What kind of romance do you speak? A.true love.would have to include friendship. The Sun represents a space in time when everything is seen clearly, living in the moment. This time won't last forever, but the impression will. The Sun can warm you, and can burn you depending on the question and surrounding cards. When I read your your title my first impression was friendship, but then again I married my best friend 38 years ago. Our days were not always sunny, more of the spectrum of the deck. The Sun is the warmth of happiness, and happiness comes in romance and friendships.

LuzBlanca

as a stand alone with that question I will say it means just friendship.

But nowadays there are all types of relationships, things are often not all black and white... there are people who are friends with benefits, in open relationships, or just "dating" casually and with no commitment, then there's serious dating, boyfriend/gf, exclusive...

From experience I will tell you that I once read on my ex and the woman he left me for, they used to get the "lovers" card a lot, they were romantic and dating for a few months, then they started getting the death card followed by happy cards, in particular these cards

9 of cups, 3 of cups, sun, etc..... their readings were very happy! and I was devastated, lol...
... I later found out, they actually broke up their "dating" or romantic relationship (meaning dating with a romantic purpose) but both had agreed to just be "friends" and they had talked about were they were headed relationship wise and he was not interested in pursuing a committed relationship, and she was OK with this.....

Their cards used to be Sun, 3 of cups, 9 of cups, World, etc.... they had a lot of interests in common and were still seeing each other, going to events, etc... so I do see the Sun card as a really positive one were two people are connected in a special way, but not just romantically. They never ended up getting involved as a couple.

also, I would assume that people who are in love must also have the Sun because it's such a positive card, the meaning
depends on the question asked.

anyhow, so yes.... the lovers, cups, etc was romance and dating, then cards changed to Sun, 3 of cups, 9 of cups because they had talked about their relationship and agreed to just be "friends".....

so look for surrounding cards... but during breakups were both people agree to end in good terms (specially if they continue hanging out) my cards tend to change from lovers, to the breakup (8 of cups, tower, death, etc...) and then continue with happy cards like Sun, 3 of cups, 9 of cups.

SilverFirePrime

The Sun isn't so much a romance card, but a 'positive outlook' card. If you drew this in regards to your relationship with a person, you have an excellent relationship on your hands.

This relatinosihp will fit perfectly into a part of your life. If you have romantic feelings for that person and they don't reciprocate, do not let yourself destroy the relationsihp over your saddness. It only means they're meant to fill a different, but still postive and imporant part in your life. People like this don't come along every day.

SunChariot

Which do you see it as?

Please tell me your stories of drawing the sun and what it meant :)

It doesn't really mean either romance of friendship for me. It just means warm feelings, joy, feeling perfectly content and that life could not be better, healing, ...These feelings could be either friendship or romance. It could be either. But it would show a lot of closeness.

For be basically the 2 of Cups is more friendship closeness, and The Lovers more romance. Otherwise The Sun is not really either.

As for my story with The Sun, it is related to why I call myself. SunChariot here. SunChariot comes from "The Sun" and "The Chariot", logically enough.

When I first started out as a reader, The Sun was my card that came up ALL the time for me. OVER and OVER and OVER. No matter how well I shuffled each time there it was. It happened SO much for months and months that I could no longer even begin to see it as random occurance. And it kept on happening until I accepted something more was at work.

That forced me see there was something beautiful and mysterious to Tarot. And that when we needed to know something and asked we were always answered by something. That forces me to think on what that something might be and to accept something real was going on.

That sense of beauty and mystery that occurs when we read never left me as a reader. And The Sun card is where it started for me. What taught me so much about that.

(The Chariot part was just because it was the sign associated with my Zodiac sign).

Babs