King of Wands decoration

huredriel

Hi mythos,

On my UW, which is much brighter, it is a gold necklace with what looks to be a lion's head on it.

Hope that helps
x Huredriel

Parzival

King of Wands Decoration

Possibly a lion, possibly a sun rising up and over the earth. The "Original Rider Waite" does not clearly show a lion to my eyes. I showed it to my thirteen year old daughter. "That's a crab with a sun or lemon over it." Hmmm...

light2000

hi

i think think that is a interessting question.
Can anyone tell me what the thing is on the necklace around the King of Wands neck?

there are 3 cards that have necklace, the king of cups, the empress and the king of wands. i ussualy interpret that as a prissioner and submission proof.
the king of cups is prissioner of his fellings, and the empress and the king of wands are prissioner at the corporeal properties. but the necklace of king of wands is made of gold so he earns his money whith work and shows respect to others make others prissioner of him and him prissioner of is own power.
at the empress the necklace is made of perals so she needs to show others her wealth. she needs to show to others that she is rich ,powerfull and that she loves luxury.

mythos

Hmmmmm! Now you have all got me thinking! If the King was associated with Leo, a lion would make sense .... but apparently it is associated with Aries. The sun rising up over the earth, I would be more inclined to attribute to the page, purely on sequential ground.

A crab with a sun or a lemon over it .... hmmmmm ... is this a case of, out of the mouths of babes? (giggle)

Hi light2000,

I have never heard of the necklaces representing prisoners and submission ... it makes heaps of sense to me. The Empresses necklace is made of the planets, and thus she is bound to the earth and it's satellites (metaphorically speaking), and any King, is bound to and by the needs of his people.

I think that I will get one of those monster size RWS and have a really good look at it (says she who is half blind ... hmmmmm!)

Thanks
mythos

Zephyros

If it was a crab with a sun above it, could it be an allusion to the moon card, that shows a crab with the moon over it? An exact opposite perhaps? By acting as the King of Wands tells you, you could be extricating yourself from the veils that the Moon imposes on you?

mythos

I hadn't seen the little pussy cat face holding the Queen of Wands cloak together. It does suggest a match with the King ... with his being a tad more Leonine.

Defintely have to get the monster size deck. I miss so much, in spite of bi-focals and a variety of different strength magnifiers.

Thanks all
mythos

light2000

at one book i have here are lot of simbolism the cat is explain : wise person and a lot of stubborness. so all the cards that have cats have this in common.
but for example at the king of wands is:
baton- fertile simbol, power, legitimize authority and concentration of the will at one objective. so all the cards that have a figure whith one baton at the hand means this
lion- streght, animal desires from the men
seated person- solid roots
lizard- courage and earth element, action whiyh no fear.
the book talks a lot more of things like this, even if the foots are hidden or not it gives a meanning.