Día de los Muertos Lenormand. (Day of the Dead)

starlightexp

Greetings all. With the season upon us I've been kind of busy in my brain with images of a new Lenormand deck. One that is just fun and just ripe for the celebration of the season. I've been itching to get some more art supplies so this was as good a reason as any. I busted out a set of soft pastels and set to work doing my own interpretation of the cards in the fun and colorful style of The Day of the Dead. I was in Mexico earlier this year and was just smitten by the colors and culture down there so really this is a homage to my vacation but thought that some of you here might be interested in seeing how it goes. The first four cards are done and we'll see how the rest turn out over time.
Feliz Dia de los Muertos!

Attachments

• #8 The Coffin.jpg
    #8 The Coffin.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 1,307
  • #2 The Clover.jpg
    #2 The Clover.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 1,136
  • #22 The Crossroads.jpg
    #22 The Crossroads.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 1,084
  • #33 The Key.jpg
    #33 The Key.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 1,065

merissa_88

I love this! I'm not Mexican, but I've celebrated the Day of the Dead for years and love the devotion to the ancestors and humor in their art. Hope to see more!

prudence

Really gorgeous!! I would love one of these if you are planning on making them to sell. You've really captured the lush colors and the joyous feel of Day of The Dead. Thank you for sharing these images.

Minotauro

mexican aproved.

I like it.
colorful and festive , and its not just skeletons , but actual dia de los muertos skulls and candles and colors.

I was a litle bit worried it would be like the tarot of the dead X)

Babalon Jones

Very cool!

Debra

Put me on the "I want one" list, please. :heart:

Cat*

Very nice! Love the art style! :thumbsup:

Chiska

Very nice! Just what I need...another Lenormand deck... :D

Bhavana

YES!!! I love mexican folk art....and I don't believe there are any other decks with this theme, unless you count Day of the Dead, which just didn't have enough color - In my head, I have toyed with the idea of a Frida Kahlo deck...she would make a great Empress in the tarot, or High Priestess, not sure about the Lenormand..I am not as familiar with the cards.

What are you using, Canson paper? What kind of soft pastels? I work with them a lot - but like with tarot decks, you can't have just one brand, so I have maybe 10 or 15 types, the more pricey brands having the softest, most buttery feel and the best colors...and they make a perfect medium for this style of art, with the vivid pure colors and textures they give.

Can't wait to see more!

nicky

fantástico usted vieja mujerzuela !!!