The Deck of Lenormand Houses

Amanda

I have read about the houses but not yet tried using them because I haven't advanced to a GT, didn't realise you could use houses with fewer cards (eg 3x3 as Amanda suggests).

Me either, really. I didn't think about the possibility until I saw this deck. :)

MandMaud

I've even tried using houses with a simple line of 3, and if your used to lenormand then they do add more depth, but they can becoming confusing for the beginner.

So would you simply call them the first three houses (whichever those are - I haven't learnt them yet)?

I'm seriously wondering if more "confusion" is what I need. More layers, because so far I feel I'm trying to see meaning in a blank canvas.

snowmoon

hi, i have 1000 spreads for tarot. i don't have The Deck of Lenormand Houses,

it is very convenient if you only do reading for yourself, others, but if i need to do reading on the phone calls, in person, the time is very limited, so i would remember all the house.

Barleywine

This is exactly how I've been using Laura Tuan's large-size Lenormand Oracle cards for the GT. They're large enough that the card number sticks up above the smaller card placed on top (if I had all the house positions memorized, I wouldn't even need to do this), and they're almost $10 cheaper but without the on-board house meanings. If I wanted the text, I suppose I could cut up a bunch of plain paper and write my own house meanings on them to use as house place-keepers, or just finally create my own GT spread cloth with them on it. Basically, if you know a card's meaning, you have a good handle on what the corresponding house position means, so you simply need to know what's underneath.

Using house positions that are randomly dealt into a spread other than the GT (an approach Mary K. Greer once described as "mobile homes"), these cards might be more useful but probably still not absolutely necessary.