French Grand Tableau Course by Sylvie Steinbach

inertia

Hey everyone!

I would like to share with you an amazing online course on the Grand Tableau that I've recently enrolled in.

It exceeded my expectations as it provides a clear explanation of all the techniques (how to do them and why) with videos and clear graphics.

It also provides an extensive bibliography from published sources to appreciate the variability of different perspectives.

And most importantly it does not force you to choose a specific board of meanings, but encourages to use what you already know and experiment with the applied techniques and pick whatever works for you.

For anyone who is still struggling to master this massive spread, this IS a must.

To register and find more information: http://esoteric-academia.teachable.com/?affcode=84048_mcckxrs4

Barleywine

Thanks for the link. The cost is a bit more than I'm prepared to pay. But then, the GT has never baffled me; after decades of reading large tarot spreads I took to it like a fish to water. I prefer it to the 9-card square or to any of the line spreads because you can get whatever you need out of it by taking it in sections, one topic area at a time. It really is wonderfully versatile and comprehensive.

DownUnderNZer

I cannot imagine what "family secrets" she could divulge with the GT when it covers so much already like: Mirroring, Knighting, Lines, Diagonals, Corners, 4 squares, 9 squares, P.P.F, Houses, Positions, Tic Tac Toe, In front (Person). Or where s/he is in the spread.

Unlikely she would use "distancing", but it would be interesting to see if she uses the "directions" cards face.

I remember the first two courses she developed which she brought to NZ and Australia after fine tuning them - let's just say some of those students (if not most) were left with more questions. (I read most of the reviews/comments/questions from the Melbourne lot). I never got the chance to attend as I was in a different city and in the middle of exam/studies at the time.

It is quite a price, but she does know her stuff although I am not too sure just how clear it has become because a few years back it caused utter confusion.

DND :)

inertia

I cannot imagine what "family secrets" she could divulge with the GT when it covers so much already like: Mirroring, Knighting, Lines, Diagonals, Corners, 4 squares, 9 squares, P.P.F, Houses, Positions, Tic Tac Toe, In front (Person). Or where s/he is in the spread.

Unlikely she would use "distancing", but it would be interesting to see if she uses the "directions" cards face.

I remember the first two courses she developed which she brought to NZ and Australia after fine tuning them - let's just say some of those students (if not most) were left with more questions. (I read most of the reviews/comments/questions from the Melbourne lot). I never got the chance to attend as I was in a different city and in the middle of exam/studies at the time.

It is quite a price, but she does know her stuff although I am not too sure just how clear it has become because a few years back it caused utter confusion.

Hello there!

If I remember correctly back in NZ/Australia the No Layout course was a demonstration of her personally developed methodology and a weekend or two is not sufficient enough to master and understand techniques. Hence, why it may have left the participants with more questions.

In this GT course, she explains the "distance" method, providing meanings and examples on how to apply them.

There are bits and pieces of her own family tradition in counting, mirroring (never seen that one before!), meanings, as well as an extra step at the end of the GT to verify your findings from the original GT reading and reach a final consensus.

The big plus is that this platform is "buildable". Meaning, the students can comment and ask their questions at their own time and Sylvie will be posting the answers either with videos or in written form. So, it makes it both self-paced and "interactive" at the same time. :)

DownUnderNZer

Confused...many were confused.

Her book was hard to understand for most of them as well, so how (and I put it to her more or less about 5 years ago) could they understand the "Methodology" if they couldn't understand the "book". Most had the book well before she came to NZ and Australia.

She did not take that so well or any of the suggestions people had towards the second book she was "apparently" working on.

I know she knows her stuff and her "no lay out" system does work 100% - she was the "transition" I needed from the GT to a freer style of reading so for that I am grateful. But if the truth be known, it was actually someone close to her at the time, that gave me a few pointers that opened the way to better clarity - not her.

I would like to see how she does the GT though as I think she would be a gun and she is traditionally taught like I was only with different systems. She is generational though whereas I am not.

I reckon she would be someone to watch when doing the GT.

Hello there!

If I remember correctly back in NZ/Australia the No Layout course was a demonstration of her personally developed methodology and a weekend or two is not sufficient enough to master and understand techniques. Hence, why it may have left the participants with more questions.

In this GT course, she explains the "distance" method, providing meanings and examples on how to apply them.

There are bits and pieces of her own family tradition in counting, mirroring (never seen that one before!), meanings, as well as an extra step at the end of the GT to verify your findings from the original GT reading and reach a final consensus.

The big plus is that this platform is "buildable". Meaning, the students can comment and ask their questions at their own time and Sylvie will be posting the answers either with videos or in written form. So, it makes it both self-paced and "interactive" at the same time. :)

Barleywine

My only exposure to Steinbach is through her book, The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle, in which she calls the Grand Tableau the "panoramic spread" and "this tedious spread." She also discusses her "no spread" method. I didn't have much use for her personal ideas or her apparent anti-traditional bias, but I do occasionally use the book for reference. As far as the GT, I don't find it tedious at all.

magicjack

"No layout system". Sounds interesting.

olivia1

Thank you for sharing. I may sign up for that simply because I've Been wanting to take classes with a lenormand instructor but wasn't sure how to go about it. $345 is so expensive though
Hey everyone!

I would like to share with you an amazing online course on the Grand Tableau that I've recently enrolled in.

It exceeded my expectations as it provides a clear explanation of all the techniques (how to do them and why) with videos and clear graphics.

It also provides an extensive bibliography from published sources to appreciate the variability of different perspectives.

And most importantly it does not force you to choose a specific board of meanings, but encourages to use what you already know and experiment with the applied techniques and pick whatever works for you.

For anyone who is still struggling to master this massive spread, this IS a must.

To register and find more information: http://esoteric-academia.teachable.com/?affcode=84048_mcckxrs4

Tag_jorrit

I got Sylvie Steinbach's book back when I first started with Lenormand. And now it seems an oxymoron to use Sylvie's name in the same sentence with "GT course."

Le Fanu

I have to say, her book was the first book that really opened up the Lenormand for me. This was quite a few years ago now. It all made perfect sense to me and I really thought I had a grasp of how Lenormand works. "I could really get into this" I remember thinking at the time.

Then someone else published a book, then someone else published one, then another book came out. And then another. Like popcorn and now, over ten years later, I think of Lenormand and think of a rather nebulous haze that I don't think I shall ever truly understand.

I rather regret "reading widely."