CBD Marseilles - Ben Dov's Beautiful Method

FriendlyFool

The CBD Tarot de Marseille is my deck of choice. I love the cards and I also love Yoav Ben Dov's perspective on the Tarot and method for reading the cards. I have a lot of insights related to this particular Marseilles deck and I don't think I'm alone in this. Please share your thoughts here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lee

Hi FriendlyFool,

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum! Also welcome from a fellow Arizonan. :)

Sharing thoughts is what ATF is all about, so you have definitely come to the right place!

To get you started, here are some past threads about the CBD:

CBD
Colors in Conver and CBD
Face expressions in CBD
Jodo Camion or CBD

Before asking others to share their thoughts, how about you get the conversation started by sharing some of your own? :)

Cheers and welcome again,
Lee, Marseilles Moderator

Sulis

I love this deck too, it's by far my favourite TdM. I particularly like the way Yoav has emphasised the expression on the faces as I like to use the way they are looking and what other cards they're looking at in my readings..

Having said all that, I haven't used a TdM for a reading in a long time.. Maybe I should get my deck out and give it a go.

12doggiepaws

This one is on my to buy list for November. Can't wait!!!

CharlotteK

I've downloaded the CBD Galaxy Tone app to see if I like it, and have ordered YBD's book for my kindle too. Just dipping my toe into the TdM waters - I have a Jean Noblet on the way too. Hoping the book will really help with all those pips after learning with RWS decks!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

FriendlyFool

This deck is the one that truly spoke to me. So many have passed through my hands. Ben-Dov was an artist and a scientist and for me he brought a reality to the CBD that makes it more meaningful and accessible. He gave it away. All the images are available free to download and use however you like (non commercially). I create art with them all the time. He understood that this was the only way to give the CBD a chance at it's full potential. He understood a lot of things and I think many of us are still in shock at his passing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nemia

How many times have I looked at the invitations to his workshops and said to myself: what a pity I can't afford it!, and then thought: well, maybe next year.

Now I won't be able any more to learn from this kind, friendly man. I had a short exchange of mails with him, too, and he was so nice and generous. Yes, it's a very sad loss.

I'll re-read his book. It's a great and very helpful book, his method is applicable to every deck.