Missing a Card

papercut

Along a similar line, when people purchase a deck with accidental doubles, do you keep the extra cards in the pack?

My thoth came with two Princess of Swords, and I always read with both in the pack.

Billy-boy

Just curious if you did a reading with the remaining cards to ask where the missing card was? I found my eight of cups in my closet after doing a reading.

nisaba

I've never had an extra card turn up, but I'd take it as a Sign and keep it in.

LND

same thing happened to me! my first real tarot deck, lost a card shortly after buying it.

desperately i emailed a sales rep for the company that sells the deck, and he/she said right away to tell them what card it is and they will send me it free of charge.

i was shocked! maybe you should try that out

good luck!

xKam

Okay everyone, here is an update!!

I just called U.S. Gaming Systems (I know, it's so late, I've been so busy, I just got attuned to Reiki 1) and they said that they would ship the card out right away! I was speaking to customer service who was fast and friendly, I was directed to the head of the department who deals with missing and damaged cards and she told me ahead of time that he was out of the office, but to leave him all of my contact information, the card I was missing and the deck that I was using!

So, hopefully he calls me back later today or later within the week and my baby (tarot deck) will be once again be whole! I am using a propaganda card in it's place and it's been right on point, but thanks for all of the tips guys. I feel like the card has slide behind or under something.

I am excited and I want to thank everyone again for all of your help! I'll post one last time when I get confirmation that the card is heading my way!

[edit] LOL! I just got a call back!! :) My card will be here in a day or two!!! WHOOP! I am so excited!!

gregory

USG are often maligned here; I think their customer service is very good.

LND

xKam said:
Okay everyone, here is an update!!

I just called U.S. Gaming Systems (I know, it's so late, I've been so busy, I just got attuned to Reiki 1) and they said that they would ship the card out right away! I was speaking to customer service who was fast and friendly, I was directed to the head of the department who deals with missing and damaged cards and she told me ahead of time that he was out of the office, but to leave him all of my contact information, the card I was missing and the deck that I was using!

So, hopefully he calls me back later today or later within the week and my baby (tarot deck) will be once again be whole! I am using a propaganda card in it's place and it's been right on point, but thanks for all of the tips guys. I feel like the card has slide behind or under something.

I am excited and I want to thank everyone again for all of your help! I'll post one last time when I get confirmation that the card is heading my way!

[edit] LOL! I just got a call back!! :) My card will be here in a day or two!!! WHOOP! I am so excited!!

hooray

Oddity

Umbrae said:
The author David Skibbins uses a deck made of 78 different cards. What I mean is they come from 78 different decks...mondo cool...
I would love a deck like that.
I got a bunch of more or less ruined decks for free from a person who didn't know what to do with them, but some of the cards were still good so I put them together in a deck just for fun. But it only has cards from nine different decks... 78 would be awesome. :)

Oddity

Glad to hear you got a new card and that everything worked out.

Many publishing companies do that. I think it is a very nice thing of them to do. Great customer service, it probably costs them almost nothing, but the customers get so happy. :)

nisaba

nisaba said:
I've never had an extra card turn up, but I'd take it as a Sign and keep it in.
I've since been given a deck with an extra card, a court card, and the person who gave it to me pulled that card out, mounted it, and made it into a lovely gift card to go with the deck. Even did calligraphy on the mounting and everything <warm smile at a certain lurker>.

It strikes me, that if a deck comes with an extra accidental card and it was always going to be a gift (or a trade), it makes sense to use the extra card to make a personal gift-card with it - it's certainly one of the few greeting cards I can be pretty sure I'm never going to lose.