Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 302 : May 13 - May 19

BodhiSeed

:heart:(((Carojulie))):heart:, no words but lots of gentle hugs.

Luxa

I've just posted a deck interview spread in the readings thread for DOTW. Hope that's ok?!! I know there's no rules, but daily draws seem more common from what I can see.

Sometimes I think you get to know a deck quicker with spreads, so that's my plan for the week. If I'm short of time i'll do a daily draw. We'll see, I have a ten month old baby so anything could happen! 😂

Carojulie

I thank you all so much. You all bring a lot of comfort !
We found a beautiful place for Aria, and I put a big stone to mark the place ; I painted her name and a star on the stone.

I have put the Mystical cat deck aside because I do not know this deck yet, and now is not the time. As chsmith0406 says, it might just trigger sadness.

So, I have taken the three other decks that you advised : The Moon Garden, The Chrysalis and the Animal Wisdom, and drew cards to ask the decks which one I should use, and actually I think that all three are going to be great for me this week.

So, three tarot decks for me this time : Chrysalis, Animal Wisdom and Moon Garden.

I thank you all very, very much again.
Sending much warmth to you all !

CharlotteK

Sorry for your loss Carojulie, I lost my old cat Freddie a couple of months ago to heart disease. It is very sad, they are part of our lives. Have a good week with something gentle 😘

I've decided I am going to work through my decks alphabetically! It will take ages, so I may also choose a deck on the side that I really want to read with also. The first deck on the list is the AfoBrazilian but I got it unexpectedly as an add on to a trade, and I don't like it so I'm NOT using that and I will be skipping to **Albano Waite**. My 'side deck' will be Morgan Greer.

Cynthia_H

Carojulie: I am so sorry for your loss of your sweet little beloved Aria. Our fur babies mean so much to us, it is so very hard when they pass. Hugs and prayers to you. Cynthia

DaughterOfDanu

I'm so sorry to hear about your furbaby Carojulie. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. It's never easy to lose a loved one.

I'm in with the Starchild and the Spirit de la Lune this week. I need an easy go-to since I'm going to be extremely busy this week and probably for the next two or three.

Luxa

Well tonight I tried a spread about magic with the fountain tarot. In the end I liked the message, but it seemed like hard work. I love the images in the fountain tarot, but it might be too minimal for me for easy reading. I'll do a smaller spread tomorrow!

Cynthia H, I love your descriptions of the dreaming way tarot! I looked it up here and found a walk through on YouTube and now it's on my wish list! 😂

Scarlet Woodland

Many many hugs Carojulie :heart: It's clear little Aria had a better life than most of us humans could dream of.

I'm having one of those days. Work was endless, torrential downpour scared off all the customers, I ruined dinner in an exciting variety of ways and my precious Rosetta is not only held up at customs but has now vanished off Parcelforce's tracking to the point where they've never heard of it. Thank goodness USPS still knows it exists or I'd really go bonkers.

On the plus side I seem to have overcome my Thoth shyness and am getting along well with the pocket version. The Mary-El is divine as always; just drawing Temperance lowered my heart rate by about 20bpm. I still want to crawl under a duvet with a glass of wine the size of my head though... my kingdom for some red <meep>.

Green Faerie

Hello everyone! I'm new here too, as you can see!! I'd love to join in!

I've had the fountain tarot for a month so now, but haven't really read with it yet, so this seems like a way to get me started!

Green Faerie I have to say, Hidden Realms is one of my favourite decks!

Thanks &#55357;&#56832;

Oooh, I'm so glad to hear it! Hidden Realms is my newest deck, and I love the feel of it, but I haven't had nearly as much time to work with it as I'd like, so I am looking forward to getting to know it. :) And welcome! We are always happy to have new people here, and I've found this thread to be a wonderful way to stay in touch with my decks, whether or not I have time for reading in any given week. I hope you find this to be a soothing and pleasant place to be! :)

Green Faerie

Burn pile would be better phrased, here, in the country you can have a burn pile, made up of downed twigs, rotten logs, etc. We do one about twice a year as property cleanup.
This deck and book will be part of the fire tender.

I am so sorry to hear it! The Wildwood Tarot seems to be one of those decks that people either love or hate; my wife has it and adores it, but I've seen many other people on here who dislike it greatly. The polarizing nature of the deck interests me; I find the artwork interesting and mostly soothing, though I don't think I could read very well with it, but I don't have a visceral dislike for the deck. I like how connected to nature it feels. Would you be willing to share what you disliked about it, just to satisfy my curiosity? :D