Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

kalliope

I finally took some pictures of my trimmed Sacred Rose Tarot. I bought myself a new copy to trim since I love my old one as it is. It's just nice to have a more compact version that's more portable. (As an aside, the card stock and colors are better on the older deck.)

Attachments

• SacredRose_Compare1.jpg
    SacredRose_Compare1.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 753
  • SacredRose_Compare2.jpg
    SacredRose_Compare2.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 608
  • SacredRose_comparebacks.jpg
    SacredRose_comparebacks.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 543

kalliope

Here are pictures of my newly trimmed Golden Tarot (by Kat Black)! From reading old threads on this deck, it seems that the general consensus is that it doesn't need trimming, and isn't improved by trimming. I'd like to respectfully disagree! :)

I think the trimmed deck is gorgeous. :heart: It's all about personal taste, I know, but I love how the darker parts of the art are brought out when the cards rest on a dark table or cloth. I first fell in love with the cards by viewing borderless scans online which were set against a black background. When I received the deck, I didn't love how the warmer tones were emphasized by the gold borders, so off they went!

I do mourn the gilded edges, though, so I plan to gild them again myself. I have this set in "Planetarium", and the Galaxy Gold color looks like a great match. I tried it on one of the extra cards.

Attachments

• Golden_before1.jpg
    Golden_before1.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 696
  • Golden_before2.jpg
    Golden_before2.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 296
  • Golden_Compare1.jpg
    Golden_Compare1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 820
  • Golden_after1.jpg
    Golden_after1.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 727
  • Golden_backs.jpg
    Golden_backs.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 605

Kissa

Wow kalliope!!!

There is some serious trimming going on here! Congratulations, kalliope, both on your boldness and a job superbly done with the Golden.
Thank you for the pics!

Kissa

kabang

Is there a trimming-enabling thread? :) I'm eyeing my DruidCraft deck for a couple of days, and the pictures of it trimmed look pretty darn good.

Cassandra022

wow, that Golden tarot looks really nice trimmed :]

emmsma

Is there a trimming-enabling thread? :) I'm eyeing my DruidCraft deck for a couple of days, and the pictures of it trimmed look pretty darn good.

I would think the images here would be enabling enough. :p

Great work Kalliope

kalliope

Thanks everyone!! :)

Kabang, I consider this thread to be enabling, just like emmsma said! I'm always inspired by everyone's photos, which is why I try to come back and post my own. The more examples one sees of successfully trimmed decks, the more likely one is to take the plunge, in my mind. :D (I suppose the less-than-successful trims serve as cautionary tales, too...)

Oh, and I have to agree on the Druidcraft. I've been tempted a few times to buy that deck just to trim it because of the pictures here!

Carla

GO for it on the Druidcraft. It makes a world of difference, you'll never regret doing it. I trimmed my back to the stone borders at first, used them like that for about a year, then went ahead and whacked them completely borderless. Lovely that way. :) I did leave the titles at the bottom because I like the font, but some have cut those off as well.

MareSaturni

Here are pictures of my newly trimmed Golden Tarot (by Kat Black)! From reading old threads on this deck, it seems that the general consensus is that it doesn't need trimming, and isn't improved by trimming. I'd like to respectfully disagree! :)

I think the trimmed deck is gorgeous. :heart: It's all about personal taste, I know, but I love how the darker parts of the art are brought out when the cards rest on a dark table or cloth. I first fell in love with the cards by viewing borderless scans online which were set against a black background. When I received the deck, I didn't love how the warmer tones were emphasized by the gold borders, so off they went!

Kalliope, I *loved* your trimmed Golden. If I wasn't such a motor coordination-challenged individual, I'd definitely follow your footsteps. In fact, I'd consider trimming my Touchstone, also by Kat Black - the big and stiff cards are incredibly hard to shuffle, in my opinion. And I think it'd look just as good as the Golden trimmed. :)

I liked what you did with the Sacred Rose too (and I'm not a big fan of this particular deck)! You are a trimming master like Carla! ;)