Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

FLizarraga

My fingers are getting the itch to trim. And The Holy Light Tarot is calling my name. Spent some time studying those borders and decided a smaller corner-rounder was needed. There is a lot of writing on those bottom borders so this will require a delicate hand. I don't see this deck listed in the first page index but to me it's just crying out to be borderless. If I can pull it off I think it'll be gorgeous.

I did, and I love the way it looks after trimming. I'll post pics when I find them.

FLizarraga

I have a dilemma... I'd like to trim my Tarot of the Cat People but, the front and the back printings don't line up. So trimming, I think, will be a bit of a fiddle and a mess.
Boo.

Ideally, you end up with a fairly symmetrical back, but sometimes that's not really an option. So you decide: fairly symmetrical backs AND unwanted borders, or....

Secondly - I'd like to trim my Omegaland Tarot (to look at, it doesn't need trimming - but the cards are rather wide. A narrower version would be a lot more comfortable to use) - but it doesn't really have clear borders to cut along. This means - I'd have to make a stencil to draw a cutting border around each card, and then cut. Hmmmmmm.
Such work... :)

I don't have this particular deck, but I have had to deal with some nasties. (The Light and Shadow Tarot was a particularly hard nut to crack.) When you get to that point, you basically sort of wing it and hope for the best....

FLizarraga

TAROT OF THE HOLY LIGHT

My fingers are getting the itch to trim. And The Holy Light Tarot is calling my name. Spent some time studying those borders and decided a smaller corner-rounder was needed. There is a lot of writing on those bottom borders so this will require a delicate hand. I don't see this deck listed in the first page index but to me it's just crying out to be borderless. If I can pull it off I think it'll be gorgeous.

This is how mine looks. I used a regular corner rounder, and it didn't affect the symbols and writing.

Attachments

• IMG_2801.jpg
    IMG_2801.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2796.jpg
    IMG_2796.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_2792.jpg
    IMG_2792.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 109

Madrigal

This is how mine looks. I used a regular corner rounder, and it didn't affect the symbols and writing.

Fabulous, Flizzy :thumbsup: Can't wait to get to work on mine.

G6

Trimmed Celtic (Davis)

Hi! :) Here's my first trimmed deck! I've had this Celtic deck for a good long while, so long, in fact, the white edges became discolored and had some accidental Sharpie here and there, so I decided to trim it this week. I had a few hiccups, but overall I am happy with the results. :)

Thanks everyone for your input! :)

BEFORE:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/celtic/

AFTER:

Attachments

• IMG_0224.JPG
    IMG_0224.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 123

Nemia

My Holy Light looks the same like Flizzy's. I like it much better trimmed. Those strong colors want to meet each other...

FLizarraga

Hi! :) Here's my first trimmed deck! I've had this Celtic deck for a good long while, so long, in fact, the white edges became discolored and had some accidental Sharpie here and there, so I decided to trim it this week. I had a few hiccups, but overall I am happy with the results. :)

Thanks everyone for your input! :)

BEFORE:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/celtic/

AFTER:

Oh, those are LOVELY! Great job, goldenVI! :thumbsup:

G6

Couple Q's

Hi! :)

I have a couple Q's:

Do you corner the deck before or after you trim all the sides?

Do you have your own cornering tools? What are they?

Thanks for info! :)

rwcarter

Hi! :)

I have a couple Q's:

Do you corner the deck before or after you trim all the sides?

Do you have your own cornering tools? What are they?

Thanks for info! :)
Well, think about your first question. If you corner the deck before you trim all the sides, you're probably going to cut the rounded corners off unless you use a huge rounder first that rounds past where the part you're going to trim is.

For the second question, I have both a 5mm and 9mm rounder that I bought off Overstock. I don't think I've ever used the 9mm rounder though.

Rodney