4 of wands in the conflict position?

nomadslife

It's supposed to be conflict/essence, but I always thought 4 of wands is about union, marriage and happy events.

Thirteen

Moderator Note: YOUR interpretation?

Greetings, nomadslife, can you tell us how you interpret the card in this position? We only need a guess, but you have to guess first before anyone else can help you. Telling us how you interpret that card when it's not in that position doesn't really fulfill the "interpret" rule. That's the position it turned up in, so, any thoughts as to what it might mean in that position?

Remember, cards you may think of as "good" like the Sun can mean no-so-good things if there is too much of them (too much Sun, you get sunburned) or if the situation isn't right for them (a friend of mine lost her mother. An aunt brightly said, "the sun has come out!" during the funeral. This did not make my friend feel better. It made her feel angry. Sunny optimism was very wrong in that situation).

So. Might this card be in conflict because it is wrong in this situation? or because too much of it might not be so good?

Ruby Jewel

It's supposed to be conflict/essence, but I always thought 4 of wands is about union, marriage and happy events.

This card is Venus in Aries. Venus is not happy in Aries....astrologically, she is in what is called her "detriment." You will find the story in mythology and perhaps that will explain the seeming contradiction of this card. The Greek gods Ares and Aphrodite are the Roman gods Mars and Venus. They married, but Venus was not in love with Mars/Hephaestus because, not only was he ugly, but also lame. Consequently, their marriage was not a happy one...Venus being quite promiscuous. Knowing the mythology of Venus and Mars/Aries, I have been aware of the contradiction in this card. In my opinion, this is what is known as a Gate card.....one that does not reveal itself on a cursory level....one must go beneath the surface to discover the hidden meaning.

feminine_mystique

4 of wands is a stage card. Did any other card show as a stage as well? It could mean that as a conflict they are trying to be all about celebrations and happy events but in reality it might not be as good as they think or as good as other people think the situation is.

It would help if we understood what type of reading this was. Love? Health?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

nomadslife

Thirteen, I think maybe it's because the female is a very positive, fun and giggly person and she was too playful and the other person is too serious and took it the wrong way?

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hidden posts have been returned to view.

Ruby Jewel

4 of wands is a stage card. Did any other card show as a stage as well? It could mean that as a conflict they are trying to be all about celebrations and happy events but in reality it might not be as good as they think or as good as other people think the situation is.

It would help if we understood what type of reading this was. Love? Health?

I am curious to know what a "stage" card is. Is it the same as a "gate" card?

Intotouch

My first thought on this in a position of conflict is that the marriage is wanted by one person and not the other, although on the outside they might appear as the happy couple. The one who wants this may not even be aware that the other doesn't. To the people around them all seems well and they may be an established couple.

I've seen the four of wands reversed many times indicate a couple with love but no commitment.

This stability of the four of wands, even as a relationship stage and not a marriage, may seem dull or stifling to one or both parties. Or one person may want the trappings of a marriage with none of the responsibility or commitment. So they're both at the marriage but it'll only bring conflict as what they expect and need by this is so different.

Marriage can also bring up patterns witnessed in people's parents relationships and the fears surrounding what they were like.

feminine_mystique

I am curious to know what a "stage" card is. Is it the same as a "gate" card?
Stage cards appear on the rider waite deck. You can identify them by a line going across them like a stage almost. If you get a lot of stage cards and depending on the surrounding stage cards it could indicate a "play" or something that you could be projectig to others but might not seem as good.

For example 10 of cups and 9 of wands could indicate your family life is struggling but you're putting on an act to make it seem like its perfect. Or whatever.

I just used this as an example.

SweetSiren

I see the four of wands as being a lot like the world. Not that there are symbolic connections, just from personal experience. It's about feeling free without losing your footing, belonging, individualism. Also, it's a card of shifting, things in flux, but not destruction like the tower.

So if this is a relationship, the conflict might be not allowing the other to be who they are and not trusting that the relationship is solid enough for each partner's individualism.

I like the image in RWS because there are four individual wands that create one canopy. For me, this is the point of this card.