Can the Ten of Swords ever be good?

MandMaud

Time to start over. And - finally! - you're ready to.

That can mean cutting your losses, but needn't. I prefer to learn without having life push me into extreme situations before I get the point (point! ha! = Swords :D) but the Ten can be the learning, rather than the extreme.

I get the Ten of Swords when my deck gets fed up of me asking about something.

"listen woman, shut up, Im tired of you asking me about this, stop asking!"

"You're being a drama queen, shut up, chill out, the worst is over, it wasnt so bad, its never as bad as you think."

:laugh::laugh:

Certainly. The 10/Swords is often about (1) all that needed to be said has been said, meaning no more need be said; everyone is completely informed. And/or (2) those who are wise already know all this and need not be told, and those who are not wise should not be told. So, silence is golden?
Golden, or enforced... enforced isn't a positive, granted. But it's another thought on this take - which hadn't occurred to me, thank you.

Addendum: I've said this before, and I hope my Moon Gemini doesn't get a "here she goes again..." ;) but RWS 10/Swords image reflects the tale of Solomon's architect who was murdered because he wouldn't give out secrets to unworthy men. Given that story, the 10/Sword's Sun-in-Gemini could indicate the highest logic and wisdom and reason behind the talking. Meaning that it can see, by the light of the sun, who is worthy of hearing these words and who is not. And not even the threat of death will make this person give them to the latter.

The murdered man, thus, is a martyr and example to those who would learn the highest secrets. If you get this card, then you are wise enough and mentally courageous enough to have been told such information. You are willing to die rather than give this information to anyone who isn't worthy.

That is very useful. Thank you doubly!

(I've got one of those - Moon in Gemini, I mean. :))

Barleywine

My wife has a Gemini Moon; when I ask her how she feels about something, she looks at me like "What, right now or a minute from now?" :D

Enlightenment23

I've definitely seen it as a positive.

One day, I asked tarot would be the benefit of drinking this lemon-infused tea for my sore throat? It meant, "This is as bad as your cold is going to get. You've reached the worst you can possibly get, but the good news is you will only get better from here on out." :)

I dodged the impending cold and my sore throat went away

ihcoyc

For me, the Ten of Swords can just mean the end of the line of words, or quarreling. It's the end of your journey through the matters of the element of Air. There's nothing more to say. No point in arguing further. Time to move on. Stop overthinking this and do something. Don't be a bore.

Virgo26

I had a similar connotation come up as ihcoyc.

In my daily read today I had the 10/swords and 3/swords come up as the high point of the day. Doesn't sound like much of a party but in this case I think it was the end of a quarrel. I had a misunderstanding with a friend recently and gave her space to work it through. I saw her again after about a month and things seemed to be OK. Now i can at least know that I don't need to worry about the situation at this point.

SunChariot

Hi there,

The title pretty much speaks for itself - can the Ten of Swords ever have a positive meaning? Even The Tower can speak of positive outcomes through drastic change, but how can you ever read a positive outcome into the Ten of Swords?

There is no card that can never be good and positive. Not to mention that i don't believe there are any negative cards anyway. All are there to tell us what we need to know to improve our lives.

That said, my meaning for the 10 of Swords is about thinking about something almost ALL the time, can't get it out of our minds. If it's a scary thought, this may not be a lot of fun. If it's something like an upcoming wedding in a month that we can't stop thinking about and that brings up great joy to think of, that would be pretty positive.

But even in the first case, the card is not going to just say something like: "Hey you're driving yourself nuts thinking about this so much. Knock it off." The card is going to address the issue so you can let it go and then get on to more positive things. So it is not a negative message even then. To me it's meant to help you solve/eliminate something negative so that you can live a more positive situation. So that too is a good and positive thing.

Babs