Disadvantaged due to conjunctions?

Tuilirose

I was born 9 October 1947.

I have 5 planets in Leo in the 8th house. I recently talked with another person born later in October in 1947. She has 5 planets in Scorpio. (Not sure of the house but she thinks she has Scorpio rising, which would mean that the planets are in the 12th, or the first, house.)

For us born in 1947, doesn't this configuration make us a bit 'disadvantaged'?
By this I mean, the nauances of having multiple aspects to planets in multiple houses is just not possible, since most of the 'heavy hitter' planets are concentrated in one, or at most two, houses of the chart.

Does that make a person 'over-focused' in one or two areas, and unable to understand, or relate to, a wider view of the world?

Are their any other years when this conjunction phenomenon was so prominent?
Is this a recurring heavenly phenomenon?

Minderwiz

I hope not because I too was born in October 1947 :)

I was born a couple of weeks later than you but I've not noticed any disadvantage. Of the outers, Pluto was in Leo, Neptune was in Libra and Uranus was in Gemini. That month Saturn ad Mars were also in Leo, and for anyone born after about 06:00 GMT/UT Ton 24th October the Sun, Mercury, Venus were in Scorpio. Jupiter left Scorpio at 05:30 GMT/UT, so there were no more than three planets in Scorpio plus the monthly visit of the Moon.

Now to deal with your question in the light of this information:

Firstly it's perfectly possible that the planets in one sign are split between two or even more houses (depending on which house system you are using) Though in my case my three Scorpio planets are all in the fourth, my three Leo Planets are two in the twelfth and one conjunct my Ascendant.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'heavy hitter planets' but if you mean the outers, they are clearly spread out. If you're including Saturn and Jupiter as well, then of the five, two happen to be in Leo and it's by no means uncommon to have two of these five in the same sign - and sometimes three or more.

Does this stop aspects - well I have my Leo planets square my Scorpio planets both by sign and indeed close aspect. I also have aspects from both groups to elsewhere in the chart (Moon, Uranus and Sun, so my chart also contains trines and sextiles. I don't bother with the minor aspects but I'm sure I could generate up some of those too.

However, aspects are not the be all and end all of chart connections or indeed Astrology, at least they aren't in a traditional approach. Modern psychological approaches do indeed place a lot of emphasis on integration of the psyche, but they represent only one approach, albeit the dominant one of the last 50 years,

There is richness in all charts and both strengths and weaknesses in all charts being born in one particular month does not handicap you for life A chart only shows what you are born with, not what you will make of it

Have a look at:

http://www.celebritieswho.com/celebrities-born-in-year-1947-october.html

for successful people born in October 1947

Tuilirose

Hello fellow October 1947er!

Thank you for your reply. I understand what you are saying about aspects not being the "be all and end all" in Astrology. I guess it is just that I always was a bit envious of those with the "Grand T Trine" and other lofty sounding things in "splash" type charts so I started wondering about this.

Yes, I should have defined "heavy hitter" planets. By that I do mean, Jupiter, Saturn, Mars, Mercury and the Moon, but you are right, every planet adds something, so it is limiting for me to mentally exclude Uranus and Pluto, for example. And, those are two of the planets that are in that conjunction. Mercury and Jupiter ARE in different houses, just not in a strong aspect to those in the conjunction.

Thank you for the list of others born in October 1947. Very interesting. It is a while since I have delved into Astrology. When I get a bit of time I will look up the charts for some of the people on that list. (I have no doubt that they are all WONDERFUL people;)

I