saturn and pluto in 5th house - is it really hopeless?

Minderwiz

Good evening.
Reading all this about Pluto really gave me the courage to ask this question;
My son has Pluto 18 22' R in Sagittarius in the 12th house. this has always scared me specially cause is opposite Mercury, Venus and the sun.
Would it have a strong influence on him?? He does have a very explosive temper, it has nothing to do with education he has been like this since a baby.
I dont want to sound silly but can this mean a catastrophic event later in his life?
Also Pluto is sextile Neptune and trine Jupiter.
Thank you and advance and sorry is this question is out of place.

Please don't feel silly' about your fears, they are the natural concerns of a mother for her child. My response is personal and others may disagree but:

Firstly at worst Astrology shows what may happen, not what will happen and we can take steps to avoid dangerous situations based on this forewarning. That is the worst may never happen and if it threatens to we can take steps to either nullify it or minimise it.

Secondly the above applies as much to Pluto as any other planet.

Thirdly Astrology is a belief system and therefore carries the danger that we take it as 'inevitable' that things will happen, leading to self-fulfilling prophesies. This is the real danger - that we take Pluto as inescapable and inevitable - it may be difficult but we do have some influence over our lives 'Fortune' may show the external pressures but 'Spirit' shows our ability to choose and act.

Now I don't accept or use Pluto so personally I'd tell you to ignore it or at the very least downgrade those fears. It's a small rock over 3,500 million miles away, even if it is of astrological importance it cannot outweigh a star 93 million miles away or a similar sized object 240,000 miles away (or for that matter Earth sized bodies and gas giants which are much closer)

No doubt I will be told that size doesn't matter or microscopic viruses can kill but those self same viruses have to enter out bodies first and for Pluto to damage you, you must first believe that it will.

Dave says that 'very little good, can be said about it, but a one dimensional planet is of little astrological value, Even Neptune and Uranus are attributed positive characteristics and the traditional 'malefics' Mars and Saturn were identified with positive characteristics such as courage, heroism chivalry and science,

Pluto is the voodoo doll of modern astrology and harms through an unquestioning and fatalistic belief - shed the belief and the doll is just that...a doll.

jfiallo0982

Thank you for that, its very comforting. I was worried cause its true, most astrologers give pluto a lot of importance, its in almost all the stuff I read so I guess thats why I bought into it.

Nalini

"Pluto can be one of the most challenging planets to deal with if it feels like making your life difficult, but it also has the power to bring about huge positive changes. Fortunately, on April 29, you'll get to feel those positive effects!

On the 29th, Pluto will join up with the Sun in a pleasant alignment that will signal an end to a recent problem. This partnership indicates that you've struggled through some situation, and Pluto demanded that you dig deep to find the root of this issue. The lessons you learned will stick with you, ensuring that you don’t make the same mistake twice. You’ve come through to the other side, and you’re now stronger, smarter and ready to take the world by storm!"

To start with hope I'm not hijacking this thread (please feel free to delete this if that is the case). As Pluto is been the discussed here, couldn't help but share the above mentioned prediction for me. Have no qualms admitting that my knowledge regarding astrology is comparable to my knowledge regarding quantum physics (both = 0). What would like to share here is (which could be a mere coincedence or other factors than Pluto) since, 29 Feb 2012 times have indeed been difficult. Any respite for any reason would actually be much welcomed. Glad that atleast in this prediction (maybe wrong or right) Pluto is not planning to spook me and even before this prediction landed in my inbox (little while ago), emotionally was not feeling that vulnerable compared to a couple of days before maybe.

Btw, love Minderwiz's comment "It's a small rock over 3,500 million miles away, even if it is of astrological importance it cannot outweigh a star 93 million miles away or a similar sized object 240,000 miles away (or for that matter Earth sized bodies and gas giants which are much closer)." :)

Incidentally, according to my natal chart Saturn was in 5th House at birth and already bear bruises/scars from some of it's frowns.