In the House of Marriage

Girl Archer

hi y'all,

I am pretty new to the astrology section of AT. I follow the Indian system of astrology. My date of birth being 5th december, 1989 in Bangalore, Karnataka, India my specific query is about the Seventh House, aka the House of Marriage. In this particular house, I have Jupiter aspected by Saturn so erm what does this mean? Is the seventh house indicative of the kind of man one would marry or how life would be, post marriage? In any case I was told this indicates a dusky (saturn), noble and intelligent (jupiter influence) and financially well off (jupiter again methinks), respectful law abiding guy (saturn influence) from my own caste (jupiter). But that, although he maybe from the same caste, the saturn influence would make him an unorthodox brahmin?is it true that this combination is often indicative of arranged marriages/ arranged love marriages (where you bring home the person you like and you get married with their approval)? Also, I would suggest that this combination could very well indicate that my husband to be could be in the legal profession?

It would be really helpful if someone here helps me better understand the seventh house and the significance of my personal placements in the seventh house.

Minderwiz

hi y'all,

I am pretty new to the astrology section of AT. I follow the Indian system of astrology. My date of birth being 5th december, 1989 in Bangalore, Karnataka, India

I'll try and respond to your query as best I can but I have to point out that there's signifiant differences between Western Astrology and Vedic Astrology, the first of which is the use of different zodiacs. Western Astrology uses the Tropical Zodiac, which would place your Sun in Sagittarius when you were born. Now as you are GirlArcher, this might well not be a surprise to you :) but interestingly in the Vedic Sidereal Zodiac, your rising sign is Sagittarius and that might have been the reason behind your choice of username.

I've tried to reconstruct a Vedic chart from your natal details, and think I'm pretty close but as I want to make some more detailed 'Western' observations, I would really like your birth time. As far as I can tell you were born between 07:21 and 09:26 (in the morning). I've used 08:00 simply to cast the chart.

I've attached the Vedic chart, which you can perhaps check to see that matches what you have seen before, (I've included a traditional square format) If you can let me know your birth time, I can cast a Western Chart.

GirlArcher said:
.....my specific query is about the Seventh House, aka the House of Marriage. In this particular house, I have Jupiter aspected by Saturn so erm what does this mean? Is the seventh house indicative of the kind of man one would marry or how life would be, post marriage? In any case I was told this indicates a dusky (saturn), noble and intelligent (jupiter influence) and financially well off (jupiter again methinks), respectful law abiding guy (saturn influence) from my own caste (jupiter). But that, although he maybe from the same caste, the saturn influence would make him an unorthodox brahmin?

I'm not able to comment on the caste dimension here but I can see the reasoning behind the rest of the description that you've been given and I would think your association of Jupiter with financially well off is a good one in the circumstances.

One of the problems is that the seventh House (like the other houses) covers a multitude of dimensions and circumstances - such as business partners, opponents in lawsuits, enemies, people we trade with, or indeed any 'other' person. In Western Horoscopic Astrology, going back to it's Hellenistic roots, identifying the marriage partner has concentrated less on the seventh House and it's ruler and more on the natural significators of marriage. For a woman, her prospective husband would be more signified by the Sun in her chart (and possibly Saturn) with the ruler of the seventh and planets in the seventh being considered next. The nature of the husband would be taken from the condition of these significators (by sign and house). In your case, and using the vedic chart this would give prime significators of the Sun in Scorpio, Mercury (Lord 7) in Sagittarius and Jupiter in Gemini (aspected by Saturn).

In a Western chart I can't even guarantee that Jupiter was in the seventh, using a quadrant house system and would certainly not be in Gemini. So I don't feel on safe ground going any further.

In principle the natal chart shows not only the potential husband but also the potential nature of the marriage. In practice this is not likely to be a 'constant' but will vary - those variations being identifiable through forecasting methods. All marriages have their ups and downs, Astrology might help to identify those periods, if there is real concern.

The wealth of the prospective husband would be taken from the eighth House (the partner's resources) in a Western reading, In the Vedic chart that would be the Moon a natural significator of changeable circumstances but this would almost certainly be different in a Western chart.

GirlArcher said:
....is it true that this combination is often indicative of arranged marriages/ arranged love marriages (where you bring home the person you like and you get married with their approval)? Also, I would suggest that this combination could very well indicate that my husband to be could be in the legal profession?

Again I can't comment on arranged marriages in terms of indicators but my guess is that this is a cultural thing (it was reasonably common in the West up to the nineteenth century) and I've not come across any discussion in the traditional literature which is specific to marriage arrangements though it's clear that the culture was one where marriages were arranged.

So if you would like to take it further, please post your birth time, as accurately as you know it, I'll cast a Western Chart and use it to make some more observations.

Attachments

• GirlArcher.png
    GirlArcher.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 85
  • GirlArcherSQ.jpg
    GirlArcherSQ.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 83

Girl Archer

I'll try and respond to your query as best I can but I have to point out that there's signifiant differences between Western Astrology and Vedic Astrology, the first of which is the use of different zodiacs. Western Astrology uses the Tropical Zodiac, which would place your Sun in Sagittarius when you were born. Now as you are GirlArcher, this might well not be a surprise to you :) but interestingly in the Vedic Sidereal Zodiac, your rising sign is Sagittarius and that might have been the reason behind your choice of username.

I've tried to reconstruct a Vedic chart from your natal details, and think I'm pretty close but as I want to make some more detailed 'Western' observations, I would really like your birth time. As far as I can tell you were born between 07:21 and 09:26 (in the morning). I've used 08:00 simply to cast the chart.

I've attached the Vedic chart, which you can perhaps check to see that matches what you have seen before, (I've included a traditional square format) If you can let me know your birth time, I can cast a Western Chart.

I'm not able to comment on the caste dimension here but I can see the reasoning behind the rest of the description that you've been given and I would think your association of Jupiter with financially well off is a good one in the circumstances.

One of the problems is that the seventh House (like the other houses) covers a multitude of dimensions and circumstances - such as business partners, opponents in lawsuits, enemies, people we trade with, or indeed any 'other' person. In Western Horoscopic Astrology, going back to it's Hellenistic roots, identifying the marriage partner has concentrated less on the seventh House and it's ruler and more on the natural significators of marriage. For a woman, her prospective husband would be more signified by the Sun in her chart (and possibly Saturn) with the ruler of the seventh and planets in the seventh being considered next. The nature of the husband would be taken from the condition of these significators (by sign and house). In your case, and using the vedic chart this would give prime significators of the Sun in Scorpio, Mercury (Lord 7) in Sagittarius and Jupiter in Gemini (aspected by Saturn).

In a Western chart I can't even guarantee that Jupiter was in the seventh, using a quadrant house system and would certainly not be in Gemini. So I don't feel on safe ground going any further.

In principle the natal chart shows not only the potential husband but also the potential nature of the marriage. In practice this is not likely to be a 'constant' but will vary - those variations being identifiable through forecasting methods. All marriages have their ups and downs, Astrology might help to identify those periods, if there is real concern.

The wealth of the prospective husband would be taken from the eighth House (the partner's resources) in a Western reading, In the Vedic chart that would be the Moon a natural significator of changeable circumstances but this would almost certainly be different in a Western chart.

Again I can't comment on arranged marriages in terms of indicators but my guess is that this is a cultural thing (it was reasonably common in the West up to the nineteenth century) and I've not come across any discussion in the traditional literature which is specific to marriage arrangements though it's clear that the culture was one where marriages were arranged.

So if you would like to take it further, please post your birth time, as accurately as you know it, I'll cast a Western Chart and use it to make some more observations.

I am so sorry, I totally forgot the time of birth. I was born at 11:29 P.M. in Bangalore, Karnataka, India on the 5th of December 1989. Hope that helps :)

Minderwiz

I am so sorry, I totally forgot the time of birth. I was born at 11:29 P.M. in Bangalore, Karnataka, India on the 5th of December 1989. Hope that helps :)

Actually it doesn't!! I'm now confused.

If I cast chart for that time I get Jupiter in the 11th House using whole sign houses, and certainly too far from the Descendant to be in the 7th in any Ascendant based house system. I've double checked using two different programs, The difference in zodiacs between Vedic and Western will not account for such a difference either, indeed using the same house system it should fall into the same house, irrespective of which of these two zodiacs is used.

Can you check the Vedic chart which gives you Jupiter in the 7th and check the time it was set for. I've attached the chart I have for that time.

I'm probably missing something but not sure what - It doesn't seem to be the usual 12 hour error by getting am/pm wrong, that would put Jupiter in the 5th.

I hope you can help here

Attachments

• GirlArcher2.png
    GirlArcher2.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 78