My Odd Thoth

Le Fanu

One colour can bleach more than another. And I have a few dustjackets that...
Well at least we all know what happens now if you leave any of your Thoths face down in the sun for prolonged periods...Take my advice and DON'T.

ETA; by the way if you hear of anyone with an incomplete older A/B Thoth, let me know so I can beg for a replacement. :)

gregory

Well at least we all know what happens now if you leave any of your Thoths face down in the sun for prolonged periods...Take my advice and DON'T.

ETA; by the way if you hear of anyone with an incomplete older A/B Thoth, let me know so I can beg for a replacement. :)

Actually - I am going to take a card out of my broken Thoth B (sorry, it has no Prince for you...) and lay it face down in the light for a month or two and see what happens !

Le Fanu

Actually - I am going to take a card out of my broken Thoth B (sorry, it has no Prince for you...) and lay it face down in the light for a month or two and see what happens !
Please post pic afterwards. But maybe it needs a few years to fade like that. I'm having difficulty imagining that the brown backs of the Thoth can end up this pink colour...

Milfoil

Yes, before and after pics will be useful. You may need more than a couple of months though, 6 or 8 perhaps.

PathWalker

I'm presuming this is a 2nd hand deck. If it were new, I would say that the printing process for yellow and cyan has been missed on the back.

Yes, my money's on that - there is not a vestige of the other colours, even faded you would see colour variations I believe.

Gregory - cover half the card back with thick black card, and leave the other half exposed - south facing wondow if you get ANY sun up there at all. Then you'll see direct comparison.

gregory

Yes, my money's on that - there is not a vestige of the other colours, even faded you would see colour variations I believe.

Gregory - cover half the card back with thick black card, and leave the other half exposed - south facing window if you get ANY sun up there at all. Then you'll see direct comparison.

Good point. We have ONE south facing window. (well, and the bathroom...) I will post a pic later.

gregory

OK so here we have a scan. The Knight of Swords has Given Himself Up to Science.

Unless...

Leffy - there is a blank card in this deck., Would you like it and try and print your dud card on to it ? If not - then I'll use that, as it leaves me with more cards on offer in the lost cards thread !

I CANNOT honestly see how one card could miss the yellow and cyan...

Attachments

• thoth back.jpg
    thoth back.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 184

PathWalker

I CANNOT honestly see how one card could miss the yellow and cyan...

There will have been more than one! There will have been one or more sheets, so possibly a couple of hundered (various fronts probably). They didn't spot the sheets until cutting, and then tried to pick 'em all out - missed a few.

Could happen to anyone LOL

gregory

There will have been more than one! There will have been one or more sheets, so possibly a couple of hundered (various fronts probably). They didn't spot the sheets until cutting, and then tried to pick 'em all out - missed a few.

Could happen to anyone LOL

Vee shall Zeeee.... }) But it's odd that NO-ONE here has EVER reported one before...

As soon as I hear from Leffy about the blank card. Cos if he wants it - but otherwise it would be a shame to waste that Knight !

gregory

OK. Leffy declined, so I still have that Knight up for grab..

The Evil Card is half covered with black card and placed on window ledge. It will be there for two sold weeks while I am away, so that's a nice start where I cannot obsessively check daily ! And it does GET sun (in winter - in summer there are BIG trees !) but not a huge lot, so if it does this anyway - it will be LIGHT in general... (the ones from the store that I had were indoor artificial light, after all.)