the Lovers in a Roommate Conflict

Babymaker

To me, the Queen of Pents stands out. I see the three of wands as the travelling and the lovers as the ppl you share with. The queen of pents knows how to set boundaries. She is good with money too. Maybe you can win with an idea regarding money and setting boundaries. I think the queen of pents is telling you to take rulership/charge in a firm manner. She is not someone to mess with otherwise she will punish you financially or with chores. Rules need to be obeyed in her presence. She brings structure and planning.

Leviosa

I don't see that it's wrong for you to speak to them about issues that are a big problem, but I think the Queen of Pentacles would be inclined to be sort of dispassionate and non-confrontational compared to the other Queens and their suit characteristics.

For instance, since I don't know much about the actual situation, I'll just suggest a sample scenario. Let's say that the girls who are out of favor are coming in late at night making noise and waking up the other room-mates who are getting their sleep for the next day's classes. The rowdy room-mates then mess up the kitchen making late night snacks, litter up the bathroom, and then it's discovered that they've borrowed items without asking. It could be that this has built up over a long time and finally, it's just got you boiling mad and you feel like just unleashing a whole big anger session where you're listing all their annoyances from the very start of them living there and an angry battle ensues that gets way over-heated.

The Queen of Pentacles would be more inclined to keep her temper and make a matter-of-fact, non-accusatory list of things that had been so rude and annoying all this time and that cause you to have decided that you're going to move out. Being cool, calm, but matter-of-fact and not unleashing a pent-up fury would be her way. It would not let the behavior continue without being heard, but it wouldn't end up in a big cat fight that would help nobody and just cause more antagonism between all of you. See what I mean?

Grizabella, I can't say what would've happened if I had confront ones them aggressively or with ill intent, but based on how things have been going since I posted this, I suspect you were very accurate in your thinking, especially regarding the Queen of Pents. I decided to calmly/nonchalantly let it be known that I was separating myself from all parties involved and it has gone over smoothly. We don't speak at all but it's not tense or awkward. I quite enjoy our new dynamic. Thanks for your input

Leviosa

Just another angle:

Feels like your in the middle in of all of this. And I also feel you are the one who has to deal with it....in a Queen of Pentacles practical manner.. So do speak up, but be practical about it. As you said yourself: You don't want to compromise or be friends... So pick the practical matters, those that are most convenient to you at this time.
(and not the emotional or reasoning part) You'll be out in May...To probably a much better place-> look forward to that and make plans for that future....mean time : all you can do is wait this one out ;)

Best wishes

I felt I was in the middle of all this as well and I appreciate your perspective. Some time has passed since I posted this and overall, I made my matter of fact statements with no expectations and left it there. It has gone over well. Being emotional about it would have likely made matters worse. I love this queen of Pentacles, she has proven to be very diplomatic. Thank you :)

Leviosa

Yes. "Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

There are three steps in this quote:
1. The art of getting someone else to do something;
2. Something that you want done;
3. Because that person also wants to do it, even though they don't know it yet.

You can manage a house, manage the bills, manage-manage-manage anything and everything within whatever 'system' you are living/working in, but you will never manage people without the art of /cooperative/ leadership (unless you are in a very clearly defined and understood role of 'Do as I say, because I said so and you must'.) You shouldn't throw your weight around anyway to command respect, but if you do, then it would help to actually have that understood power to do so. Otherwise, people are going to look at you like, "Who does she think she is?" You may be 'better' behaved than these folks, but that is just your perspective, and your perspective does not justify your actions, correct?

Amanda...I wrote this response to you while still in the heat of the moment. Seems what you have said had more to do with my self/passion/unwillingness than the cards but I appreciate that. Thank you for your polite candor.

Overall, the Queen of Pents was really standing out to me as if to say "suck it up and stop being so immature". So I acted on that and now things are going well. I was not rash nor rude nor imposing and the situation was left better for it. It has solidified for me what the Queen of Pentacles is all about though I already had a strong inkling. The living situation is better and your interpretation of the cards was accurate.

Thanks again :)

Leviosa

To me, the Queen of Pents stands out. I see the three of wands as the travelling and the lovers as the ppl you share with. The queen of pents knows how to set boundaries. She is good with money too. Maybe you can win with an idea regarding money and setting boundaries. I think the queen of pents is telling you to take rulership/charge in a firm manner. She is not someone to mess with otherwise she will punish you financially or with chores. Rules need to be obeyed in her presence. She brings structure and planning.

This perspective would be very appropriate if I were dealing with people "beneath" me for example a parent child relationship. However these are my peers and therefore the idea of rulership would have probably worsened matters. In addition none of us are in a position to financially harm the others so there is nothing to hold over anyone's head. Overall I believe the queen was emphasizing a peaceful transition in the relationship or rather a lack of the relationship.

Regardless, I thank you for your thoughts :)

Amanda

Amanda...I wrote this response to you while still in the heat of the moment. Seems what you have said had more to do with my self/passion/unwillingness than the cards but I appreciate that. Thank you for your polite candor.

Just to clarify, you have 2/3 "leadership" cards here. The 3 of Wands and the Queen of Pentacles. The Lovers is more 'even' or 'fair' by its nature. Everything I said came from or was inspired by these cards. When it taps into 'known' knowledge I have that may come out as well, so please don't think I formed an opinion first and made the cards fit it. That's not how I read and is not what I would consider a true connection with the cards.

Overall, the Queen of Pents was really standing out to me as if to say "suck it up and stop being so immature". So I acted on that and now things are going well. I was not rash nor rude nor imposing and the situation was left better for it. It has solidified for me what the Queen of Pentacles is all about though I already had a strong inkling. The living situation is better and your interpretation of the cards was accurate.

Thanks again :)

Thank you for the feedback! I'm glad the situation has resolved for all of you. :)