Half an hour reading

NamasteIndia

l agree with you not only is it difficult, it stops the free flow of the reading. Besides the sitter may get bored and then the energies between you dissipate.
Yes

Especially in.my country
There are loads of astrologers, palmist, face readers
And they do fast readings
So yes people here would find long reading boring

Sometimes people although wanting a reading, get a little worried about what may come up, so can sit there too afraid to open up. Our role as well as reading is to put the sitter at ease. It is much better when they can interact as it heightens the energies between you. If you are an intuitive reader l feel that building the energies is very important to a smooth and productive reading.
Most people look at readers as charlatan, crooks some are extremely rude in the beginning
Some go.to.extent of.saying that they are lawyer and doctor etc
Some ask is this fake game or.joke.these cards
It gets demotivating

NamasteIndia

Most people come with serious troubles daughter not.getting married, politics at workplace, husband died, serious illness, child not studying

gregory

And quite honestly - a quick "this card says your mother in law is cold" is NOT going to be enough to help them For serious troubles you'd need AT LEAST half an hour. I would certainly feel cheated with the kind of thing you suggest.
Half an hour to say hello??????

No, she said in total:
But half an hour is about right to say hello, get everyone settled and lay out something reasonably straightforward, like a Celtic Cross. Questions usually evolve naturally from that initial spread.

Barleywine

When I'm reading in an informal setting with no queue, I like at least 45 minutes for a 10-card spread, but in a shop setting it's advertised as half-an-hour so I've had to tighten up a bit and keep the intro short, and I've had to buy a discreet digital timer to stay on track. I will be reading in public on New Years Day and the clients will get 20 minutes each, so I'm going to a smaller spread. It's going to be interesting because I strongly suspect most will be focused on "What's in store for the year ahead?" - talk about your life flashing before your eyes! :)

As far as getting stuck on one card, that can be the "kiss of death" for communication. I usually pass that card by with a brief comment (such as "We'll come back to this one in a moment") and revisit it when it becomes clearer how it fits into the overall picture. Of course, this takes more time so I just try to keep talking and work it out on-the-fly. I strive to keep things lively and moving forward at all times; it's part of the "performance art" of face-to-face reading.

Regarding the "MIL" discussion about the QoS, it reminds me of a houseplant called "Mother-in-Law's Tongue" (aka Snake Plant). But my Libran MIL is - or was before Alzheimer's - charmingly crafty; we called her "Dominatus Manipulatus" after the Dr. Seuss "calculatus eliminatus" bit.

gregory

But the OP is suggesting that half an hour is too long for a reading.

Barleywine

I wasn't taking a stance on that, just sharing my experience.

nisaba

But the OP is suggesting that half an hour is too long for a reading.

Depends how deep or shallow the readings are. I find that if I'm having a bad day and cannot get very deeply into the reading, half an hour or even (appallingly) only 20 minutes is sometimes enough.

I tend to budget half an hout for business readings, but when the reading is going well, and I'm In The Zone, and everything's flowing, and I'm getting very deep into the reading, half an hour quickly disappears, and my budgetted "free time" before the next reading disappears, too. That's just an indication to me that everything's working. Other people's experiences may differ.

And nobody, NOBODY gets bored or impatient. Often as I'm trying to wrap up, they're asking more and more questions to try and keep me talking. :)