Sabian Symbols Study Group: Gemini 9 - #69

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: GEMINI
Degree: 9
Number: 69

Symbol: A MEDIEVAL ARCHER STANDS WITH THE EASE OF ONE WHOLLY SURE OF HIMSELF, BOW IN HAND, HIS QUIVER FILLED WITH ARROWS.

MCsea

Dr JOnes - Key Word Preparation
Bronchi

Element Flint
Discussion Flint (or flintstone) is usually dark-grey, blue, black, or deep brown in color. It occurs chiefly as nodules and masses in sedimentary rocks, such as chalks and limestones. A type of quartz, this material was one of the most commonly used materials for the manufacture of stone tools during the Stone Age, as it splits into thin, sharp splinters called flakes or blades (depending in the shape) when struck by another hard object (such as a hammerstone made of another material). It remained an essential mineral resource for making fire. However, a later related major use was to create the spark that would ignite the powder that would fire a ball or bullet from a flintlock firearm. Flint mining is attested since the Palaeolithic, but became more common since the Neolithic (Michelsberg culture, Funnelbeaker culture).. It comes in a range of different colors from red, grey, blue to black with white bands. Traditionally flint stone is a stone for strength and healing...

Ideas I get for this symbol -
conversation information fast talker collect and network books letters explore the realms of knowledge meditation and control hunting sport compromise - bending the bow edgy target.

tink27

Ah! The hunter speaks with his prey – an ancient intelligence peering from his eyes! Zeroing in on his target.

In medieval times archers were taught to focus and zero in on their target. Archers eyes glitter with intensity, it creates an uneasiness with anyone in their vicinity. But for now, this archer’s quiver is still filled with arrows (organized thoughts?), the bow is in his hand but with no intention to wound. He stands patient but with concentrated awareness.

The arrows then maybe an instrument of secrecy but don’t let that fool you, they can be jettisoned easily. But for now these two instruments sit as combined wisdom or perhaps they harbor doubts or even frozen silence.

What are the thoughts of this archer. Is he focusing his awareness only for his own purpose or for that of his King? If this is true then he will invite opposing forces to overwhelm him. But beware, without the guidance or reflection of Spirit, he can be very dangerous.

Pulmonary arteries

Our blood circulates in a double circuit, one is called the pulmonary supplying the lungs and the other systemic. In the pulmonary circuit as the right ventricle of the heart contracts, blood is forced into the pulmonary artery and then transported to the lungs where it unites with oxygen and gives off carbon dioxide. Then it is carried back in the pulmonary veins to the left atrium.

When our bodies are under stress we react by holding back our breathing. Our breath becomes shorter, shallower and more in the chest then in the body. When we perceive a threat, several things begin to happen. Our belly muscles tighten our breath shifts up to the chest and our breathing actually speeds up. We are ready to either run or fight back. Our nervous system is all fired up, drenched with adrenaline in our blood – this slows our digestion so that the energy is then diverted to our muscles. Our whole system is ‘on alert’!

A note of interest and especially related to the archer, it is the cardiac muscle that makes up the wall of the heart. The heart muscle is a good way of looking at the effect of working the size and strength of our muscles. The tissue in the upper chamber of the heart, the atrium is much thinner than the tissue in the lower chamber of the ventricle. This is because the ventricle pumps blood ‘to a greater distance’, working harder to enlarge our muscles.

tink

tink27

MCsea said:
Dr JOnes - Key Word Preparation
Bronchi

Element Flint
Discussion Flint (or flintstone) is usually dark-grey, blue, black, or deep brown in color. It occurs chiefly as nodules and masses in sedimentary rocks, such as chalks and limestones. A type of quartz, this material was one of the most commonly used materials for the manufacture of stone tools during the Stone Age, as it splits into thin, sharp splinters called flakes or blades (depending in the shape) when struck by another hard object (such as a hammerstone made of another material). It remained an essential mineral resource for making fire. However, a later related major use was to create the spark that would ignite the powder that would fire a ball or bullet from a flintlock firearm. Flint mining is attested since the Palaeolithic, but became more common since the Neolithic (Michelsberg culture, Funnelbeaker culture).. It comes in a range of different colors from red, grey, blue to black with white bands. Traditionally flint stone is a stone for strength and healing...

Ideas I get for this symbol -
conversation information fast talker collect and network books letters explore the realms of knowledge meditation and control hunting sport compromise - bending the bow edgy target.

Marina, when I read of the Element Flint, something went buzzing in my ear! My son was a rock collector in his younger years and even tumbled them to make them bright and shiny. But one of his most prized possessions was flint! To this day a jar of flint still sits in his room.

Of course, this had me spiralling, thinking, searching. It has been said that Chronus or Saturn's sickle was made of flint! Then as I dug deeper, I discovered that the Sceptre of Maat in Egyptian mythology is said to be made of flint and named "Giver of the winds"!!!

I also thought of flint as a form of boundaries - of what is 'Mine' - or of 'Keeping Things Out'. A Boundary is at the Edge - where things face each other, push against each other, and possibly blend into each other.

I find this placement this connection exciting because we don't have any idea yet what will happen there!!!!

tink

MCsea

:)

Tink your interpretation is spot on - great stuff - you have a way with words to be sure,

thank you for the extra detail on Flint - outstanding!!!

I DO love how in some cases the symbols actually gives more meaning to the crystal!

MARINA

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 68.jpg
    68.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 546

Ryukishi

I read different interpretations for this one but I struggle with them.
Is this symbol can be interpreted as "prepare to act" rather than "act"?
Some says it means "Conquer" other says "Preparedness".
I'm leaning towards "Prepare to act" because A QUIVER FILLED WITH ARROWS gives me the feeling that it's accumulated elements gathered in for action but it doesn't depict the action itself.

MCsea

I agree - its the energy you need before you 'let go'

Gemini 9
Numerology: 69
Sabian Symbol: A quiver filled with arrows
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Preparation
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Pulmonary arteries
Crystal Element: Flint
Expression: During the Stone Age, Flint was used for tools; it is a type of quartz. Traditionally, Flint stone resonates with fire and air, energy and thought, and spurs on action.
Focus: A successful balance between thought and action promotes camaraderie and sportsmanship.
Affirmation: I am poised and confident, ready to skilfully aim my ideas towards action.

'ready to skilfully aim' thats the essence of it I think... :D