Readable cousin of Tarot?

stella01904

MM ~ I've been online looking at images of Tarock decks - nobody seems to read them, all the enthusiasts seem to be concerned only with playing the game. But on the decks I saw, THE REVERSED IMAGES ARE DIFFERENT THAN THE UPRIGHT. Since we are only human and read omens in stray eyelashes, itchy hands and cigarettes that don't burn the right way, I'd like to know if anyone here has tried to read one of these decks. BB, Stella

Fulgour

You'd probably want to handle the deck a little bit first,
but that done, you oughtn't to have a problem trying.
Answers to life's questions can be found lots of places.

stella01904

MM ~ That's what I was thinking, that it's do-able. I don't have a deck (yet) but the cards absolutely beg to be read. Tarot cards were once used for games, (Minchiate included, only Etteilla and "pip-picture" decks from RWS on being designed strictly for reading, to the best of my knowledge. And most traditional oracle decks seem to be based on playing card divination, which evolved from Tarot). It's a wonder I haven't seen a divination deck made this way (with the reversed images different than the upright). Well, there's a free idea for anyone designing decks! Be my guest, just let us know when it's published. BB, Stella

stella01904

MM ~ Thanks for the link! See what I mean? The court cards in this deck are the same either way, but card IX (doesn't have a discernable suit) has the two images. The upright image has the couple kissing, but in the reversed image, although she has allowed him to get very close, her face is downcast, she's not looking at him. Could be metaphorical for a lot of situations! There are a lot of Tarock decks available, I have only to decide which to start with...BB, Stella