Seeking Suggest for a good Dali Tarot Companion Book

Tarot dance

Hello,I want to get a companion book for my Dali Tarot but there are several listed on Amazon. Can anyone suggest a really good companions book for the Dali Tarot….
Thanks in advance

rwcarter

As far as I know, there are only two - the one by Pollack and the one by Fiebig. Are there others?

Tarot dance

Hi,

Your right…there are 2, Pollack & Fiebig. My post is not well worded…What I meant of Pollack or Fiebig….of the 2 can anyone recommend one over the other….I know me, I’ll eventually get both…I was hoping for a suggestion which to start with.

I just recently pulled out my Dali Tarot….i have not looked at the deck fot a couple of years…When I got it was not that impressed with it….but now I am fascinated by the art work and am really looking forward to getting know the deck…

Thanks in advance...

gregory

I just got them both out. If one of the two I'd actually go with Fiebig over Pollack. NOT something I ever thought I would hear myself say.

Now watch Rodney say the opposite and then we're done !

rwcarter

I just got them both out. If one of the two I'd actually go with Fiebig over Pollack. NOT something I ever thought I would hear myself say.

Now watch Rodney say the opposite and then we're done !
I have both books, but haven't read either one, so I bow to your opinion. :D

Babalon Jones

I have both books, but haven't read either one, so I bow to your opinion. :D

What, you haven't read all 700? :joke:
I am guilty of buying books and not finishing (or starting) them, if they don't grab my interest right away. Sometimes I read them years later though.

As far as the original question posted, I suggest how about also reading either a biography of Dali, or his autobiography? I read at least one of those and maybe both, but it was years ago so cannot offer details on the books but maybe that may shed some light on the artwork used for the deck. I remember it certainly as being an interesting read as he was an odd dude psychologically.