LS Mona Lisa Tarot Book?

heron

MarkMcElroy said:
but, based on reader interest, the Mona Lisa might be next -- so stay tuned, I suppose. :)
QUOTE]

Hey, Mark, that's ALMOST good news...so here's one more strong expression of "reader interest" for you to take into account.

AJ

The current Lewellyn print catalog shows a Mona Lisa deck and the blurb says in the last two lines "The Mona Lisa Tarot Kit also includes a 160 page guide by tarot expert Mark McElroy." The catalog offers deck only though. From page 13.

I wonder if this is a fat LWB (which is fairly easy to get to that many pages) or a book, and if the minors are relegated to the standard blurbs or given their due?

So many questions so little time :)

rwcarter

The Llewellyn 2008(?) Holiday Catalog listed the kit for sale, so I wouldn't go getting my hopes up. I fear that the only way we're going to see a companion book for this deck is in electronic form.

gregory

As Ric has said - many times. And it is up to Mark whether it happens or not.

Onyx

rwcarter said:
The Llewellyn 2008(?) Holiday Catalog listed the kit for sale, so I wouldn't go getting my hopes up. I fear that the only way we're going to see a companion book for this deck is in electronic form.

I now have an e-reader so all the better! I am not holding my breath and the deck is all but packed up right now.

Onyx.

SphinYote

heron said:
MarkMcElroy said:
but, based on reader interest, the Mona Lisa might be next -- so stay tuned, I suppose. :)

Hey, Mark, that's ALMOST good news...so here's one more strong expression of "reader interest" for you to take into account.

Restating my own continued interest. :D

SakuraFae

AJ said:
The current Lewellyn print catalog shows a Mona Lisa deck and the blurb says in the last two lines "The Mona Lisa Tarot Kit also includes a 160 page guide by tarot expert Mark McElroy." The catalog offers deck only though. From page 13.

I wonder if this is a fat LWB (which is fairly easy to get to that many pages) or a book, and if the minors are relegated to the standard blurbs or given their due?

So many questions so little time :)

It's been a while since a deck has MADE me buy it, but I just put an order in, I couldn't resist after reading and seeing the depth 3 of cups and 7 of swords in the AT review by Paula Goodman (Firemaiden). The ISBN of the one I'm ordering is 9780738712864.

I'll post to let everyone know what the book is like that comes with it.

Dancing Bear

YOu'll just love this deck,
I do, i dont read with it at all, i just love looking at it.. I would love to hear about your purchase..

I am not holding my breath for a book, but it will be interesting to see what your deck comes with in kit form.

SakuraFae

Dancing Bear said:
YOu'll just love this deck,
I do, i dont read with it at all, i just love looking at it.. I would love to hear about your purchase..

I am not holding my breath for a book, but it will be interesting to see what your deck comes with in kit form.

Thanks. :D Since buying the MerryDay Tarot last year, I haven't picked up another deck! I have a bunch on a wish-list that I just haven't felt driven to purchase.

This one really surprised me, not sure why I didn't notice it before... or just passed it by. Perhaps it was the name of the deck, a bit deceiving. I may have thought "how the heck can you get a whole deck of the Mona Lisa!?". heh. I'm really excited to see the different "spins" on some of the cards.. and piece the stories together.

I'll definitely keep you posted.

SakuraFae

yay, my deck finally arrived yesterday and I got to quickly thumb through it. The "kit" is indeed the deck with the LWB and does not have a larger companion book with it.

I like what I see and although I was looking more forward to matching up the stories... I'm finding that, for me, it's a very intuitive deck that I seem to be able to connect with to also use as a reading deck!

New baby in the house, so I'll be pretty busy in the coming weeks, but I'm looking forward to some time to sit and reflect with my deck. I wanted to make sure to pop back in and let you all know that the "kit" isn't really a "kit".

Love and light.