Which deck(s) will be your Samhain deck(s)?

greatdane

I will be doing readings alot around Samhain/Halloween, I'm sure. I will be reading with tarot and Lenormands. For tarot, well, of course, I will HAVE to read with the Samhain Deck of the Bastard, probably the Bohemian Gothic will get some turns. For Fall, my trusted PCS Commemorative and Anna. K (so seems like a Fall deck to me) will definitely be read with as well, but for those readings just past midnight on Samhain/Halloween, I'm thinking the Deck of the Bastard and Bohemian Gothic. Any others have their decks lined up?

Penthasilia

All Hallows
Deck of the Bastard Samhain edition
Dark Goddess tarot

Between the last 2 (new editions to the pack)- I am thrilled. The bohemian gothic probably won't even make it into my hands. ;)

Le Fanu

Samhain comes and goes so fast I always plan to sort out a deck then *whoosh* it has come and gone.

Bohemian Gothic is always the most obvious one.

My spooky decks are Bohemian Gothic then Dark Grimoire. That's about it really. But D-Grimoire isn't really a Samhain deck more an all year round dark deck.

BG is definitely aumtumnal/wintery solstice.

But then of course there is the Deck of the Bastard Samhain edition which I am expecting with joy...

The standard Deck of the Bastard is spooky in its own way too.

Altena

Like most others I definitely have the Deck of the Bastard Samhain edition on my shortlist :D

Otherwise I always bring out the Bohemian Gothic(Silver edition) for Halloween and this year it will be accompanied by Kendra Hurteau's Halloween Lenormand, Dia de los Muertos Lenormand(even though it is celebrated two months before) and possibly also Chronata's Tarot Noir Lenormand. Oh, and the Dark Goddess Tarot if I can get it before that time.

greatdane

Reading through these

I wanted to see if I HAD many any other decks that others really considered suitably Samhain, hey, that's sound like a title for something, Suitably Samhain (well it's better than Helpfully Halloween)! lol I have a pretty shortlist even for FALL decks, much less Samhain. I know we all have our favs we pull out year round, but there are some occasions, some seasons, I look for decks that just seem to....fit for me. It does look like the Deck of the Bastard darker sister, the Samhain, will definitely be getting used by quite a few here.

Calcifer

The Deck of the Bastard was and is my scheduled Fall Deck. No doubt I'll also be using the Samhain Edition (that blindsided myself and my checking account), and the Wild Unknown. The WU especially since I truly hope to spend some time camping and I cannot resist dragging this deck into the woods with me :).

I may also actually USE the Tyldwick (instead of just looking at it...lol)

Michael

greatdane

Calcifer....

Do you see the Wild Unknown more as a Fall or Winter deck or more Samhain? I was looking at some images and I couldn't decide if it felt more...wintery? I certainly see that as a good around the campfire in the woods deck.

Calcifer

Actually, the Wild unknown is my designated Spring deck; and by this I mean that it will just be my "main" deck for that season (I'm not gonna limit myself). Since I'm only going to use 4 decks regularly, it seemed a good way to make sure I stay fresh with all 4. I chose the WU for this season specifically because it is SO nature based - and that is when I start itching to get back out to the woods after winter has passed... Just my own take on it :)

M

Shade

I'm trying to remember the simpler times when I had about a dozen decks to my name and could dedicate the entire month of October to the Halloween Tarot. Now all of my dark decks vie for my attention during the spooky season.

For October I will spend as much time as I can with the Halloween, Dark Grimoire, Witchy, Dark Fairytale, Vampyres, and Zombie decks.

For Samhain itself though I always do one or two BIG readings (veil being thin and all of that) and for those I turn more to decks that I spiritually connect with on a higher level. Over the last ten years that has been mainly split between the Druidcraft and the Cosmic Tribe decks. These are the "What is my soul's journey" types of readings and for those I prefer not to use decks with bats and Spiders. I could zag though and try out something like the Barbara Walker which stands somewhere between both camps.

SarahJoy

I'm getting my new Tarot of the Dead suitably "aged" and worn, in preparation for the month of October.