The more I see it, the less I like it.

Teheuti

As someone who is neither Judeo- nor Christian in their heritage this deck just makes baffling little sense! . . .

I found myself drawn to the TdM from the get-go
I'm not quite sure if you are saying that you prefer and now use the TdM or not. If so, I hate to tell you that it is Christian-based, and more specifically Catholic (with its Pope and Popess - the Popess being an allegory of Faith and the Church itself; and Holy Roman Emperor/Empress). That is why the Protestants in Switzerland and other places changed the names of the Pope and Popess to Jupiter and Juno - more appropriate for gambling games).

What deck do you currently favor and why is it preferable to the RWS? (BTW, I feel it's perfectly fine to favor other decks.)

AnemoneRosie

I use clones and that's fine. It's the level of detail that drives me up the wall.

I use The Hezicos Tarot as my main working deck partly because querents seem to be able to really resonate with the energy. I just got Paulina Tarot because I imagine that querents will react similarly. Any deck created in an occult tradition has elements that scare querents who don't yet know that the 'scares' are symbolic rather than literal.

I keep my Gothic Tarot for my goth and metal friends. The metal-heads especially appreciate the earnest cheesy nature. I like TdM (not that I own it, mind, so this is from online pictures) because it reminds me of a Punch and Judy show. Because I come from generations of theatre workers I understand Medieval passion plays and their progression into Punch and Judy far more than I could ever understand any of the more occult references that RWS is going for. I guess that decks are immensely personal.

I'm also an intuitive reader and I imagine that that influences things a fair bit. I need my decks to be inspirational and with the RWS I just get a bogged down frustrated feeling that things are beyond my grasp.

ETA: apparently by TdM I mean Deviant Moon. Also apparently I can function fine (relatively speaking) on two hours of sleep in the real world and manage to mangle significant details online. Go figure and my apologies!