Collaborative Spread Creation #13 - Healing Ancestral Trauma

rwcarter

Hello, it was suggested i post in here after asking about a particular purposed spread; here's a repost:

"Hello folks,

So I'm hoping someone has a suggestion for this: earlier in the year it was revealed that about 18 or 19 generations back, on my mother's side, there was an event that caused ancestral trauma, and that is the extent of the knowledge I currently have available.

Does anyone have a spread that could help to either discover more information about the event or help figure out the means of healing the trauma, or both?

Much appreciated!"

So, does anyone want to help make this notion a spread? Or maybe someone already has a lead on one that fits the bill?
I'm way out of my element here and hope that others will chime in on this one. We may have to borrow from some of the Karmic and Past Lives Spreads listed in this post in the Forum Index.

Some possible positions:

• What was the event
  • To whom did it happen
  • What was the effect then
  • What is the effect now
  • What can I do to help heal my trauma
  • What can I do to help heal the trauma for the rest of my family
I'll let this percolate, but I do hope others chime in.

Rodney

cirenosille

Life has been too busy of late! Thank you for creating this thread.

I'm fairly new to tarot and cartomancy, so the notion of creating a spread feels big for me. With the use of the already listed possible positions from Rodney:

1: What is the expression of a traumatic experience within my ancestral line that needs healing/resolving?

2: Who experienced the trauma?

3: What effect did the trauma have on their life?

4: What effect did the trauma have on the following generations?

5: What effect has it had on my family today?

6: How can I help heal/resolve the trauma I inherited?

7: How can I help heal/resolve the trauma the rest of my family has inherited?

8: How can I help my ancestor heal/resolve their traumatic experience?

Edit: Corrected grammar.

rwcarter

Hi cirenosille,

Some things to think about with the positions you listed:
1: What is the expression of a traumatic experience within my ancestral line that needs healing/resolving?
Trauma and the expression of that trauma can be two different things. Are you interested in both or one more than the other?

4: What effect did the trauma have on the following generations?
The effect could be different across different generations. It might be cumulative, getting worse for each successive generation. Or it might be cyclical running through some number of generations before starting over again.

8: How can I help my ancestor heal/resolve their traumatic experience?
Are you more interested in knowing how you can put the trauma to rest, making it stop with your generation?

Are there any other things you'd like to know with the spread?

Rodney

cirenosille

I suppose I am interested in both the trauma and its expression; I feel having a deeper understanding will help with the healing.

For question 4, I guess I'm curious as to how the affects evolved; do you think that the scope of that is too big for this spread?

As for question 8, I'm interested in helping the spirit of my ancestor receive healing, if it's needed.

A question i have: I'd like this spread to be general, but for me, i know the trauma took place around 18 or 19 generations ago on my mother's father's side; do you think there a way to hone in on that knowledge with the spread?

rwcarter

I suppose I am interested in both the trauma and its expression; I feel having a deeper understanding will help with the healing.

For question 4, I guess I'm curious as to how the affects evolved; do you think that the scope of that is too big for this spread?

As for question 8, I'm interested in helping the spirit of my ancestor receive healing, if it's needed.

A question i have: I'd like this spread to be general, but for me, i know the trauma took place around 18 or 19 generations ago on my mother's father's side; do you think there a way to hone in on that knowledge with the spread?

How comfortable are you with big spreads? Delving into how trauma was expressed over 18-19 generations is already an 18-19 card spread by itself.

I'm not going to number the positions because doing so fixes them and we may not be there yet. So far we have:
  • What was the trauma?
  • How was it expressed in that first generation?
  • Who experienced the trauma?
  • What effect did the trauma have on their life?
  • What is the legacy the trauma has introduced into the family line?
  • What effect has the trauma had on my family today?
  • How can I heal the trauma I inherited?
  • How can I heal the trauma the rest of my family has inherited?
  • How can I help the spirit of my ancestor heal, if that's needed?

cirenosille

Because of my newness, I have not feelings, one way or the other, regarding big spreads :)

rwcarter

Other than seeing how the trauma played out through the generations, do the positions I listed cover everything you want to know?

DDwarks

Originally Posted by cirenosille...

earlier in the year it was revealed .
I would start with this personally.
Not so much who revealed it because obviously you know that ;) but why. The motivations behind the revelation.
I would also check whether the revelation itself is to be believed.

Once all of that checks out, go ahead and investigate it!

I can't really suggest a spread for this since I don't know the source of this revelation.

cirenosille

I would start with this personally.
Not so much who revealed it because obviously you know that ;) but why. The motivations behind the revelation.
I would also check whether the revelation itself is to be believed.

Once all of that checks out, go ahead and investigate it!

I can't really suggest a spread for this since I don't know the source of this revelation.

The source the information is pretty reliable, so I'm not all that worried about its accuracy.

cirenosille

Other than seeing how the trauma played out through the generations, do the positions I listed cover everything you want to know?

Pretty much. And like i said, for me i know about the time A trauma occurred, but I'd like to have the spread be useful for discovering the unknown as well; that way the most prevalent ancestral trauma can be worked with.